Phoenix Derby Registration Open

Our Community Forums Events Phoenix Derby Registration Open

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jpetty1
    Participant
    rcannon100
    Participant

Volunteer Sign Up is now up and lots of volunteers are needed. Come be part of the fiesta and be the first to see what Tim is wearing this year!!!

0CCAD679D9CA22DA19BCB05F9D173BCB_15282905.jpg

PotomacCyclist
    Participant

@rcannon100 82738 wrote:

Volunteer Sign Up is now up and lots of volunteers are needed. Come be part of the fiesta and be the first to see what Tim is wearing this year!!!

0CCAD679D9CA22DA19BCB05F9D173BCB_15282905.jpg

I’m kind of scared to see what he is going to wear this year…

83b
    Participant

I haven’t attended this event in prior years. It’s now two weekends away and I’m sure everyone has decided what they’re going to ride and registered, right?

So what should a non-racer sign-up for? From the pictures the Grand Prix looked like it was pretty competitive. Assume I’m just a recreational rider who, over a long winter, has reached their goal descending weight.

jpetty1
    Participant

The open course challenge is a fun and less competitive race. You get points by doing various challenges at pit stops along the course. A couple on a tandem won one year, because they were getting double points. The other races can be competitive, but I think people are also just having fun. The team race is always cool to see the costumes.

rcannon100
    Participant

Tomorrow is Phoenix Derby. The sunny will be out; it will be a glorious day; where else will you want to be other than in a parking garage.

2014ddposter.jpg

Besides, you have to comes see what horrifying thing Tim will be wearing.

PotomacCyclist
    Participant

We tried to steer him onto the route straight and narrow in another thread. We shall see if our collective powers of persuasion were strong enough.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@rcannon100 85672 wrote:

Besides, you have to comes see what horrifying thing Tim will be wearing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5650[/ATTACH]

Downright tame this year.

PotomacCyclist
    Participant

I thought Frankenstein was supposed to be morose and grumpy and angry about not having a soul. Or something like that. You’re ruining the rep of green, artificially-created bolt-necked people.

Henry
    Keymaster

@PotomacCyclist 85857 wrote:

I thought Frankenstein was supposed to be morose and grumpy and angry about not having a soul. Or something like that. You’re ruining the rep of green, artificially-created bolt-necked people.

I actually thought he was the Jolly Green Giant at first. Too much smiling to be a monster. :)

rcannon100
    Participant

Volunteers needed in support of the Phoenix Derby, Phoenix’s major annual fundraiser coming up on May 2nd. We still have some critical spots that need filling to support the event, specifically morning event set up and concessions and pit stop leaders during the event itself. As can been seen in the pictures from previous years, this is a completely mental experience. The 4-hour event will transform one of Crystal City’s underground parking garages into a dynamic, urban race course and spectator event complete with an energy-filled lounge including music, snacks, and a bar. Admission is free for spectators, but registration is required to participate in the cycling events that are inclusive of all experience levels, featuring a Grand Prix Bicycle Steeplechase, a costumed Team Relay, and Obstacle Course Challenge. The event is family-friendly, including festival activities, a free Phoenix Kids’ Race, and the opportunity for families to try the Grand Prix course prior to adult races getting underway.

With all the fun and festivities planned, we need lots of volunteer help the evening before and the day of the event! Volunteers will receive a free t-shirt and complimentary concession coupons. Thanks in advance for your support as we could not put this event on without you.

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f44ada82baafd0-2ndannual

27004.png

rcannon100
    Participant

Bump ~ Volunteers Still Need ~ Operators are standing by

rcannon100
    Participant

Volunteers get free smooches from Tim!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.