Not so big. Not so dumb. Cervelo R3

Our Community Forums Pictures & Videos Not so big. Not so dumb. Cervelo R3

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Dirt
    Participant

My Dummy has certainly been seen enough around here. I thought I’d give a few shots of my road bike since it is getting some use these days.

4592435603_f24b383f32_o.jpg
    Outside the gate of Camp David.

4593056160_ffb138b5e7_o.jpg
    Caution: Llama Crossing.

4610521090_c467eac8ce_o.jpg
    Hanging with Mike’s LeMond on Skyline Drive.

Mark Blacknell
    Participant

I don’t see any llamas.

Dirt
    Participant

@Mark Blacknell 565 wrote:

I don’t see any llamas.

They had successfully crossed the road and were having a light lunch in the pasture just outside the frame of the photo to the right. They were too busy dining to be bothered to pose for a photo. I’ll try to do better next time.

skreaminquadz
    Participant

Nice Cervelo Dirt! Were you riding Skyline this weekend? I was there on Friday – nice day to be out there. Although they’re repaving the first 10 miles which kind of stunk – but outside of that it was a nice ride.

Dirt
    Participant

Nope. We were on Skyline two weeks ago. This week we did the Bluemont loop up past Mount Weather. Seriously nice climbing. Next weekend is easy to taper a bit before a huge weekend the 12-13.

AJsinVA
    Participant

How are your legs on the Cerv after riding the big and dumb? You must feel like superman.

Dirt
    Participant

The dummy is so long and stable that it takes a long time (as much as an hour) to really get comfortable riding the Cervelo. It is definitely a weird feeling with the legs too. The combination of applying serious pedal force (expecting it to accelerate like the Dummy) with the Rotor chainrings actually has me lifting the front wheel on moderate climbs. It took me until mile 25 or 30 before I felt like I was pedaling smoothly.

RideTheWomble
    Participant

I agree. After you’ve been on the Dummy for a while, going back to a bike with regular geometry is a little scary. When I ride the Cross Check, I feel like I’m just about to pitch over the bars. The feeling usually lasts about a half hour.

Dirt
    Participant

I’ve been known to look down to make sure the wheels are still in contact with the road. Most of the time the answer is yes.

mamaonabike
    Participant

@Dirt 569 wrote:

They had successfully crossed the road…

The real question is, were they wearing their helmets?

Kilkula
    Participant

the 3rd pic is very nice…has a rly great view^^! where is this?

Dirt
    Participant

@Kilkula 1017 wrote:

the 3rd pic is very nice…has a rly great view^^! where is this?

That’s Skyline Drive… South of Front Royal, Virginia.

Thank you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.