New Paving on 4 Mile Run Trail

Our Community Forums Road and Trail Conditions New Paving on 4 Mile Run Trail

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    consularrider
    Participant

I was glad to see that two sections of this trail had new asphalt this week. The Bluemont Parking lot at Manchester St to the Carlin Spings Rd underpass and Mt Vernon Ave/S Arlington Ridge Rd underpass to the water treatment plant are now nice and smooth. Just be careful because they now have a three to four inch drop off on the sides.

Does anyone know what else the county is planning on paving this summer?

Dirt
    Participant

Awesome news. Thank you. I saw the paving equipment out, but thought they might be working on roads. I’ll take the long way home today and enjoy new pavement and a thunderstorm. :D

Mark Blacknell
    Participant

Four Mile Run (the south side of things, through the trees)) also got some fairly recent paving love.

IIRC, the County is in the process of drawing up a(nother) priority list, involving trails and on-street facilities (i.e., bike lanes and sharrows). I’ll see if we can’t get a copy of the final product posted here, at some point.

consularrider
    Participant

@Mark Blacknell 444 wrote:

Four Mile Run (the south side of things, through the trees)) also got some fairly recent paving love.

I have especially appreciated the work on these areas of the 4 Mile Run Trail since they are very winding sections and it makes the ride easier with the smoother pavement.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘New Paving on 4 Mile Run Trail’ is closed to new replies.