New Forum platform

Our Community Forums General Discussion New Forum platform

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    DrP
    Participant

I have similar comments to others. I usually use this on a computer and it isn’t friendly there either. The page of recent posts was so nice before. Now one needs to search if there is anything new. I haven’t tried posting pictures, so cannot comment on that. I miss the number of posts from a person as well as the fun names.

Indiana
    Participant

Not the highest priority, but would like a return of the “preview post” function. Helpful to see if the photos are working (or not working, as currently the case).

antibozo
    Participant

Sure would be nice if i didn’t have to log back in to the site every day, and if, when i do log in, it would take me back to where i was when i clicked on “Log In” instead of my having to carefully go back in my browser twice and then reload. This is basic stuff.

peterw_diy
    Participant

Lots more wasted space, lower contrast (bad enough that Google Chrome’s Lighthouse tools’ Accessibility test complains), and, most importantly, too dang hard to find new discussions. Big step backward.

DrP
    Participant

So there is no way to complain about possible spambots? Flour for pizza dough – is that really a forum topic? Or suggesting we go to a clothing blog to discuss biking?

mstone
    Participant

I think at this point the new forum software is what it is, and the forum will just slowly die.

lordofthemark
    Participant

I mean the pizza dough question COULD have been on topic for the pizzaneuring thread, perhaps the poster is lost?

DCAKen
    Participant

I sadly agree with @mstone. With no response from @Henry on any of these questions and comments, I don’t see any of them getting resolved. There are few postings being made outside the Freezing Saddles forum.

arlcxrider
    Participant

Largely agree with the statements here. A step backwards, lots of functionality lost.

• I can’t mark threads as read.
    • Can’t filter by new posts. I used this feature all the time on the old forum. A quick catch-up on what’s new, once a day.
    • No direct message capability. (Very useful for team leaders and pointless prize sponsors.)
    • Posting pictures is cumbersome.
    • Can’t reply to a previous post and embed a quote.

Maybe it’s time to scrap this as the primary FS platform and just move it to the Strava club.

antibozo
    Participant

For the past few days i am getting a dismissable pink div on every forum page i load, reading “Failed to load plugin: emoticons from url https://www.bikearlingtonforum.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/plugin.min.js”.

Seems like commentary here goes to /dev/null but thought i’d mention it anyway.

DCAKen
    Participant

I get that also, but at least they’ve upped the photo size limit to 10 MB. Now I don’t have to reduce the resolution of all my photos

DrP
    Participant

So, I had to go well down the second page of the General discussion topic to find a topic that was not spam. How do we flag those and remove them now? There is no way to report them it seems. And this is by no means the only topic with spam (and they are not always new threads).

mstone
    Participant

good times can’t last forever, enjoy the memories ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

or, “put a fork in it”

lordofthemark
    Participant

1. There is a LOT of history here. Some of it quite useful to advocates and historians (some significant to some of us in other ways) At a very minimum it should be archived.

2. Where are people posting things otherwise? At one point I thought the bikeDC hashtag on Twitter, but Twitter/X is slowly fading and many refuse to post there at all. Reddit? We have a coffee club text chain, but if you don’t know those folks already, you can’t ask things, similar for Strava, etc.

Starduster
    Participant

Heads up for the Admins! A user I do not recognize has just posted a dozen line items of SPAM.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.