National Geographic

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    ginacico
    Participant

May 20th is Bike to Work Day, and again National Geographic will be welcoming and congratulating those who ride a bike to work. If we’re on your route (or even if we’re not), come by and join our bike party!

At NatGeo headquarters, our courtyard will turn into a biker’s paradise for our fifth year as an official pit stop for DC’s Bike to Work Day celebration. All cyclists are welcome to enjoy free food, complimentary bike repairs, massages, raffle prizes, a photo booth, and music by a local DJ. The NatGeo Climate Ride team will be there to tell you about our New York to DC ride in September.

We’re on M Street NW between 16th and 17th. The checkpoint is officially open from 7:00am – 9:30am.

FYI no bike racks this year — it was determined a great hassle, and something most checkpoints don’t provide. There are a few public racks along the sidewalk, or you can prop it up or walk with it while you visit.

The closest Capital Bikeshare docks are at K Street and 17th (TWO on opposite corners) and 17th Street and Rhode Island (in front of the YMCA). YES, CaBi bikes count!

Kitty
    Participant

Oh fun! Thanks for the announcement! I work a few blocks from there. I’ll try to remember to leave early enough to swing by.

ginacico
    Participant

I made the run (by CAR, the horrors!) this morning to pick up boxes from WABA and goDCgo. NatGeo will have lots of giveaways and some cool raffle prizes…. and now I know what color this year’s t-shirt is!

Nope, I’m not telling.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@ginacico 139687 wrote:

I made the run (by CAR, the horrors!) this morning to pick up boxes from WABA and goDCgo. NatGeo will have lots of giveaways and some cool raffle prizes…. and now I know what color this year’s t-shirt is!

Nope, I’m not telling.

It’s not exactly a secret, is it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11760[/ATTACH]

ginacico
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 139688 wrote:

It’s not exactly a secret, is it?

Well it could’ve been. Show-offs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11762[/ATTACH]

For the record, I like the color combo!

Tim Kelley
    Participant

The official twitter account sent it out today too: https://twitter.com/BikeToWorkDay/status/732210668800217088

We’ve heard good things about the t-shirt this year! (Only one person said it looks like the yellow striping on the asphalt)

consularrider
    Participant

Or this year’s Cap2Cap

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 139693 wrote:

We’ve heard good things about the t-shirt this year! (Only one person said it looks like the yellow striping on the asphalt)

I think that’s a plus.

mstone
    Participant

@ShawnoftheDread 139704 wrote:

I think that’s a plus.

Camouflage for when your foot gets stuck in the clipless pedal and you fall over and hope nobody sees you.

AFHokie
    Participant

I really wish I didn’t have an 8:30 meeting on Fridays

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Steve O
    Participant

@AFHokie 139708 wrote:

I really wish I didn’t have an 8:30 meeting on Fridays

BTWD starts at, like, 6am or something. The nearest pit stop to your work ought to be open long before your meeting.

AFHokie
    Participant

@Steve O 139718 wrote:

BTWD starts at, like, 6am or something. The nearest pit stop to your work ought to be open long before your meeting.

Yep, and I will visit the Shirlington stop. However, I’m SOL as far as making it to the NatGeo stop and my meeting

Kitty
    Participant

I’m going to try to tear myself away from the party at the Rosslyn stop with enough time to also hit the Farragut and Neo Geo stops this year (Gtown and 19th&L are on the way so those will definitely be hit up :cool:)

Subby
    Participant

Hey Gina – Nat Geo got a nice shoutout in this Bicycling article – http://www.bicycling.com/news/advocacy/these-5-companies-absolutely-crush-bike-to-work-day

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.