My BTWD video from Franconia to Crystal City

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2017 My BTWD video from Franconia to Crystal City

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JQCyclist
    Participant

Hello all. I’m new to this forum and found out about it thanks to BTWD. I have put together a video on the ride I did for BTWD.

This is the first time I have had the opportunity to take part in this celebration and I am looking forward to many more years of joining everyone out there and maybe even going in to work late so that I can enjoy some extra pit stops.

bobco85
    Participant

Cool video! I like the vlog aspect of it with speaking to the camera while riding (I’m usually too shy to speak in my videos, although Judd was successful in persuading me to do so for my Metro SafeTrack bike route videos).

I’m glad you had a great BT_D (I tease because I get on everyone’s case about actually biking to work on BTWD). I wonder, did you stop at the Del Ray pit stop? I recognized the parts when you were riding on Commonwealth Ave, and you would’ve come right up to it on your way between Carlyle and Crystal City.

Judd
    Participant

@JQCyclist 160776 wrote:

Hello all. I’m new to this forum and found out about it thanks to BTWD. I have put together a video on the ride I did for BTWD.

This is the first time I have had the opportunity to take part in this celebration and I am looking forward to many more years of joining everyone out there and maybe even going in to work late so that I can enjoy some extra pit stops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPd7V426dyk

Awww yeah. The convoy leader was Andrea who is one of my buds. It also looks like you had ChampionTier in the video. I also think I saw my bike in the background at the Crystal City stop.

Nice video. I’m going to have to learn how to use my GoPro now that there’s two people around that are good at making videos. #PeerPressure

JQCyclist
    Participant

@bobco85 160798 wrote:

I’m glad you had a great BT_D (I tease because I get on everyone’s case about actually biking to work on BTWD).

Fair enough lol, it is a deserved ‘getting on my case’ I was actually heading out of town to shoot a friend’s wedding that day so I snuck in that ride before leaving.

We didn’t stop at the Del Ray pit stop but we did ride by and wave at everyone. I honestly don’t remember why we didn’t stop, maybe a time constraint? I think I want to take a page from your book and map out a handful of stop next year and take a leisurely route in to actual work.

JQCyclist
    Participant

@Judd 160812 wrote:

I’m going to have to learn how to use my GoPro now that there’s two people around that are good at making videos. #PeerPressure

Andrea was wonderful and took the time to introduce me to a bunch of people. She is great.

Yes, give in to peer pressure. Come on, all the cool kids are doing it.

ChampionTier
    Participant

@Judd 160812 wrote:

It also looks like you had ChampionTier in the video….

JQCyclist got the best shot of my calves in action that I think I’ll ever see in this lifetime! All vanity aside, it was a great video. If I was someone who was on the fence about riding into work, I think watching it would push me into the “Go” column.

Side note: This was my second BT_D and it was as spectacular as my first. Though I was sick and an otherwise physical disaster from poison ivy and surgery one thing was certain: You. Don’t. Miss. BTWD. Great meeting Andrea and JQC!!

Edit: Words

JQCyclist
    Participant

@ChampionTier 161123 wrote:

JQCyclist got the best shot of my calves in action that I think I’ll ever see in this lifetime!

Isn’t it all about the calves and the strava trophies? haha

All vanity aside, it was a great video. If I was someone who was on the fence about riding into work, I think watching it would push me into the “Go” column.

Thanks man! I try to make it all look fun and exciting. I always want the viewer of my photos to feel like they are part of the action. And for this video I was hoping that would encourage more people to take the plunge and ride in on their bikes.

Great meeting Andrea and JQC!!

Wonderful meeting you two as well. This helped pull me out of my shell if only a tiny bit – but every bit counts and it is a start.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.