January BAC Meeting Cancelled

Our Community Forums Arlington Bicycle Advisory Committee January BAC Meeting Cancelled

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Henry
    Keymaster

BAC Members:

Please be advised the January 8 meeting of the Arlington Bicycle Advisory Committee has been cancelled. The next scheduled meeting is set for February 5, 2018.

Any inquiries from BAC members should be directed to Bill Roberts, Transportation Planning Supervisor, (wroberts@arlingtonva.us) or Shelley Peart, Transportation Planning & Capital Project Management (TPCPM) Bureau Chief (speart@arlingtonva.us).

dasgeh
    Participant

FYI I’ve reached out to Shelley and Bill. I have heard nothing. I have still not heard anything about the Charter.

Starduster
    Participant

May I ask *who* cancelled the meeting?

Starduster
    Participant

Sorry (NOT sorry)- I’m pissed. Has the existing committee been fired? And does he *have* that authority?

Starduster
    Participant

From Schwartz’s letter: “… eleven members are not representatives of an organization or civic association.” Is being the representative of a local business (Papillon Cycles) *not* adequate? If it is not, then I’m not sure I want to be a part of *his* committee.

dasgeh
    Participant

@Starduster 170955 wrote:

May I ask *who* cancelled the meeting?

I would email Shelley and Bill to ask who and why. They have not responded to me

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

dasgeh
    Participant

(For thow who didn’t see this on the other thread) Two events of note:

– those of us with some free time Monday night will meet at 7pm at Clarendon Presbyterian Church (the address is 1305 N Jackson St, but the bike parking and entrance are off of Irving, just a block n of Liberty Tavern)

– the PAC is meeting this Wednesday and will discuss two items that will likely be of interest to BAC members (From the PAC chair):

PACers and other ped-friendly readers*

Please join me at the first*meeting*of the Pedestrian Advisory Committee (PAC) of 2018 – on Wednesday, January 10, from 7-9 PM in the Dogwood & Cherry Rooms of Courthouse Plaza, 2100 Clarendon Boulevard.*

We will have two main speakers:

Mark Schwartz, County Manager, FY 2019 County Budget – pedestrian items of interest and the Manager’s role in the structure and management of the PACEric Cassel, President, Friends of Long Bridge Park, The Long Bridge Park Bike-Ped Connection

We will also have a brief update on pedestrian crashes from Lt Daniel Murphy.

The complete draft meeting agenda is*here.

dasgeh
    Participant

@dasgeh 170997 wrote:

(For thow who didn’t see this on the other thread) Two events of note:

– those of us with some free time Monday night will meet at 7pm at Clarendon Presbyterian Church (the address is 1305 N Jackson St, but the bike parking and entrance are off of Irving, just a block n of Liberty Tavern)

– the PAC is meeting this Wednesday and will discuss two items that will likely be of interest to BAC members (From the PAC chair):

PACers and other ped-friendly readers*

Please join me at the first*meeting*of the Pedestrian Advisory Committee (PAC) of 2018 – on Wednesday, January 10, from 7-9 PM in the Dogwood & Cherry Rooms of Courthouse Plaza, 2100 Clarendon Boulevard.*

We will have two main speakers:

Mark Schwartz, County Manager, FY 2019 County Budget – pedestrian items of interest and the Manager’s role in the structure and management of the PACEric Cassel, President, Friends of Long Bridge Park, The Long Bridge Park Bike-Ped Connection

We will also have a brief update on pedestrian crashes from Lt Daniel Murphy.

The complete draft meeting agenda is*here.

The weather outside is… Potentially frightful.*

As of now, I’m planning on being at the Church tonight, and we’re adding a call-in for those who would like to attend via phone.

Call-in number:*(515) 604-9713

Conference code: 341301

If the in-person option is cancelled, we’ll let you know.

Starduster
    Participant

Will be there by phone.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.