Islabikes experience?

Our Community Forums Family Biking Islabikes experience?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    hozn
    Participant

@mstone 68806 wrote:

This is not the argument I’ve tried at home, let me know how it goes. :-D

Oh, I don’t anticipate making the case to my wife. I will just use discretionary allowance; that is how my non-transport bike purchases happen — and how my kid’s CNOC 14 got purchased. :) (Though $270 is basically on par with Specialized prices.)

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

Well I picked this up today. Unfortunately it fits the smaller kid instead of the one I was shopping for. So I still need one more!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4083[/ATTACH]

hozn
    Participant

Beautiful! Is that a UK import? (The current US ones have a coaster brake up to 16″ wheel size.) I am envious; coaster brakes suck! :-)

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@hozn 69409 wrote:

Beautiful! Is that a UK import? (The current US ones have a coaster brake up to 16″ wheel size.) I am envious; coaster brakes suck! :-)

Yes! Freewheel in the back.

DismalScientist
    Participant

I have a 14 tooth fixed cog if that would help.:rolleyes:

mstone
    Participant

@hozn 69409 wrote:

Foot operated brakes are a CPSC requirement for small bikes. (So with only hand brakes it’s illegal for sale in the US.)

hozn
    Participant

@mstone 69419 wrote:

Foot operated brakes are a CPSC requirement for small bikes. (So with only hand brakes it’s illegal for sale in the US.)

Yeah, I know. It doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck! :)

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@mstone 69419 wrote:

Oh, if the CPSC objects then I’ll be sure to return it right away.

mstone
    Participant

@ShawnoftheDread 69425 wrote:

Oh, if the CPSC objects then I’ll be sure to return it right away.

I don’t think they really care much about private sales. They certainly don’t seem to be going after Craigslist bikes with no reflectors.

mstone
    Participant

Looks like islabike is closing their US office. Remaining inventory is discounted, so this is the last best chance to get (IMO) the best off-the-shelf kids bikes without having to deal with shipping from the UK. I have kid #2 on the beinn 26, with kid #3 looking forward to moving up. Too bad they couldn’t make it work in the US market.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.