Hitch platform rack with tight hinges

Our Community Forums Bikes & Equipment Maintenance Hitch platform rack with tight hinges

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    creadinger
    Participant

I have a Thule T2 hitch rack that folds up.

The hinges are starting to get a little tight from being out in all weather. Some forums have talked about lubing them to keep things flexible, but nowhere does anyone mention what type of oil/lube/grease to use.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

drevil
    Participant

@creadinger 179737 wrote:

I have a Thule T2 hitch rack that folds up.

The hinges are starting to get a little tight from being out in all weather. Some forums have talked about living them to keep things flexible, but nowhere does anyone mention what type of oil/lube/grease to use.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Tri-Flow oil is good for just about everything, and will make your rack smell fruity to boot! :D

AFHokie
    Participant

White lithium grease is recommended for outdoor use

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Lt. Dan
    Participant

Good ole’ automotive multi purpose grease. Same stuff you pack wheel bearings with.

creadinger
    Participant

Ok, so thanks for the replies. They couldn’t really be more different in terms of products. And incidentally I don’t have any of those specific things already. The replies also tells me a lot – mostly that I’ve been thinking about this WAY too hard. Something is probably better than nothing.

I’ll see if the local hardware store has anything like white lightning. I would guess it will be a lot longer lasting than either chain lube or multipurpose grease.

Tania
    Participant

I just use a drop or two of chain lube since I keep some in the back of my car which makes it handy. Only as often as they get too squeaky or stiff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.