Have you ever been to Carlyle?

Our Community Forums Group Rides Have you ever been to Carlyle?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lordofthemark
    Participant

This AM at coffee club we discovered two things – some of the folks NOT going to North Carolina this weekend would like a group ride AND some of our esteemed Arlingtonian friends are not very familiar with the Carlyle section of Alexandria. (I assume this is also the case for esteemed friends from even further away from our fair City)

Solution – we will do a group ride. This Sunday. We will start at Pentagon City Whole Foods. So y’all can get caffeinated. I will show up around 10:30 or so, wheels down at 11:30. We will proceed to Carlyle (via Eads, Glebe to Rte 1 to Alexandria side trail to Commonwealth and I will figure out a way across Duke) and see such wonderful sites as the site of bike to work week events/Patent and Trade Office, the Federal Court House, and then pay a call at Lost Boy Cider. After that those who wish can ride along to Port City Brewing (I think we will skip Aslin this time) , past the site of the future halal butcher shop/slaughter house (we LOVE our municipal controversies in Alexandria) then up past Bishop Ireton to Janneys to Seminary Road (you may have heard about that road?) to Howard. Then I think Braddock to Beauregard and hence back to the trail network via Walter Reed.

Ride will be open to all teams and to non FS folks, will be social pace (leaning to slow) no drop. We will make every effort to avoid hugs, handshakes, and to provide opportunities for handwashing along the way. Social distance pace? Social pace distance?
    See you there.

Judd
    Participant

All these poor folks that have been missing out on Sweet Fire Donnas for all these years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

accordioneur
    Participant

If you run into this unsavory crew, pedal away as fast as possible

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21403[/ATTACH]

lordofthemark
    Participant

Still on.

I think we will skip Port City. We will see how crowded Lost Boy is and play it by ear.

I expect this to be likely the last social event I will be attending (aside from coffee club) for a while.

lordofthemark
    Participant

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9mxp-wBOFU/?igshid=u7dwwmbghzaj

I am comfortable still going there, but again, this may be my last such activity for a while.

lordofthemark
    Participant

Changed my mind about Lost Boy. Ride still on, but I intend to skip the cidery.

lordofthemark
    Participant

I am, sadly, cancelling the ride. Go ahead and ride on your own, maybe we will pass each other somewhere, there will be no meeting at Whole Foods. We will do this again in better times.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.