Hamster Dance with DC Bike Party

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Hamster Dance with DC Bike Party

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    danlesh
    Participant

A few DC Bike Party volunteers are talking about hosting a Hamster Dance party at the tip of Haines Point on a Friday or Saturday night during FS22, bringing tunes and some warming beverages, and perhaps a small crowd to cheer us on. I wanted to get a thread going on the topic here to see if there are any dates that are particularly good or bad for folks, and to ask you other participants for ideas / contributions you might be interested in offering. This is a developing story of course…

Desilynn
    Participant

This will be a lot of fun!!!

Smitty2k1
    Participant

I don’t know what the Hamster Dance Party is but I dig it already

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sunyata
    Participant

@Smitty2k1 212110 wrote:

I don’t know what the Hamster Dance Party is but I dig it already

You must either be rather young or rather old… ;)

Hamster Dance

It does not appear that the original video is still around, but there are a few “updated” versions of it that you can still find.

Smitty2k1
    Participant

@Sunyata 212113 wrote:

Hamster Dance

It does not appear that the original video is still around, but there are a few “updated” versions of it that you can still find.

So I’m definitely the right age for the Hamster Dance… but how does someone make an entire party out of a single song?

lordofthemark
    Participant

@Sunyata 212113 wrote:

I remember when the Alleycat was played at every bar or bat mitzvah.

danlesh
    Participant

@Smitty2k1 212114 wrote:

So I’m definitely the right age for the Hamster Dance… but how does someone make an entire party out of a single song?

I can promise the song won’t be on repeat the *whole* time. But I can’t promise people won’t want to wear costumes, or be rolling around a giant wheel.

Smitty2k1
    Participant

@danlesh 212119 wrote:

I can promise the song won’t be on repeat the *whole* time. But I can’t promise people won’t want to wear costumes, or be rolling around a giant wheel.

Excellent!

Jessica Hirschhorn
    Participant
    accordioneur
    Participant

@danlesh 212119 wrote:

But I can’t promise people won’t want to wear costumes

Costumes? I believe there are people on this forum who would be open to the idea of costumes :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25446[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25447[/ATTACH]

Debby
    Participant

Danny
    I hope we are on the same team but I doubt it with the long rides you did!!!!

danlesh
    Participant

I’m low key hoping to be on your team again too!! I feel like with a couple years to practice, #23 would have been a serious contender! Happy new year to you and yours! I do intend to rock a couple more of those long rides again this year so let’s keep in touch and make em happen!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.