Haines Point glass

Our Community Forums Road and Trail Conditions Haines Point glass

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mantadiver
    Participant

Did anyone else hit the glass on the Potomac side of Haines point near the second bathroom this morning? It looked like someone purposefully broke some glass in the road. It took out both of my tires. I will have to start carrying more than one tube. I wanted to go back and try to clean it up, but I was already stranded with no way to get back to the area where the glass was.

PotomacCyclist
    Participant

Maybe drunk people from Saturday night throwing bottles on the road, just because they felt like it. I usually see more glass on the roads in certain areas after Friday and Saturday nights. Doesn’t excuse it, but it explains why it happens much of the time.

Did your tires flat right away? Sometimes, if the cut isn’t too deep, then you might have a chance to stop, inspect the tire, remove any glass pieces and brush remaining debris off the tire by spinning it and holding a gloved hand over the tire. This can prevent some pieces from working their way into the tire, even after the initial damage. But if the first cut is too deep, then this procedure won’t help.

I think you might be able to report the broken glass on the DC 311 website and/or post on their Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/311DCgov

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.