Group ride: Alexandria-Bethesda-Rock Creek Park-Alexandria

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Group ride: Alexandria-Bethesda-Rock Creek Park-Alexandria

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Serdar
    Participant

Freezing Saddlers,

Please, join us on our team ride.

Team 007, License to Chill gathers On Sunday, Jan 28, at 9 AM where Mount Vernon and Four Miles Run trails meet and ride to Bethesda on Capital Crescent Trail. We will return via Rock Creek Park.

From Bethesda to Rock Creek Park, we will cut through Chevy Chase streets: right at the CCT Bethesda trailhead onto Woodmont Ave — becomes Leland St — continue on Leland until Connecticut — cross Connecticut at pedestrian crossing — right on Woodbine — right on Beach Drive.

Everyone is welcome!

Feel free to join us anywhere on the route.

Judd
    Participant

I might join for a few miles if I can psyche myself up to go out in the rain.

Steve O
    Participant

All events and rides may be added to the Freezing Saddles calendar.

You should have access to do so. Let me know if you do not.

(I have added this one)

veleau_monica
    Participant

which bridge will you use to cross the potomac? I live near the CCT and when coming from Virginia sometimes I’ll take the 14th st bridge to connect to ohio drive/lincoln memorial/kennedy center trail/southern tip of RCP and go under whitehurst to get to CCT trailhead under Key.

T_Pain
    Participant

Hi, I’ll be leading the ride—I prefer crossing via 14th St on the way into DC, basically doing exactly what you describe. That way we can enjoy Ohio Drive zoomies and avoid hauling bikes down the stairs from Key Bridge.

Serdar
    Participant

@Judd wrote:

I might join for a few miles if I can psyche myself up to go out in the rain.

Judd, join us tomorrow. As of now, the weather forecast says rain will stop at 7 AM.

veleau_monica
    Participant

Beautiful ride, thanks for letting me join. sorry I slowed you all down but riding with you helped me go faster cool

T_Pain
    Participant

Great to have you, Monica! It was an awesome ride! We got through those puddles like true adventurers 😂

—Tara

Serdar
    Participant

Thanks for joining us, Monica. You and everyone else are always welcome on our team rides!

Serdar
    Participant

And this ride happened and it was epic. Seven team members showed up to ride in the wet conditions. We encountered a grumpy stranger, one of us had a flat, and we went through a puddle that was deeper than we thought. Poor bottom brackets.  😬

Team 007, License to Chill

Ross Hill climbers

That’s how we ride. Because we have license to chill.

I told you. We have license to chill.

Our team and Casey

Our team, Casey, and Andrew repairing his flat tire in the back

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.