Giving a BTWD Presentation – Info/Resources?

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2014 Giving a BTWD Presentation – Info/Resources?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Drewdane
    Participant

My office’s “Green Committee” has asked me to give a presentation on BTWD. I’ll of course go over the basics (registration, pit stops, caravans and popular routes) as well as offer tips on bike commuting in general (helmets, appropriate clothing, etiquette, shower/change options). Anything else I should touch on?

TIA! 😎

consularrider
    Participant

What are your office bike parking facilities? Locks?

Drewdane
    Participant

@consularrider 81635 wrote:

What are your office bike parking facilities? Locks?

Thanks – good stuff to point out.

I’ll also talk up CaBi.

Dirt
    Participant

You could always enlist the services of professionals to do it. WABA does that soft of thing every week. :D

FFX_Hinterlands
    Participant

I would recommend having an Advocate from WABA or LAB come into your office. There’s no need to re-create the wheel and you should be wary of giving out bad information when it comes to safety, etc.

sethpo
    Participant

@FFX_Hinterlands 81658 wrote:

I would recommend having an Advocate from WABA or LAB come into your office. There’s no need to re-create the wheel and you should be wary of giving out bad information when it comes to safety, etc.

Who’s the right contact over there for this? We’re making a push for BTWD at the office and were planning on having an informal Q&A hosted by the regular cyclists in early May-ish.

FFX_Hinterlands
    Participant

You could try Nelle or Megan. Pete (aka Dirt) should know as well since he’s an Ambassador.

http://www.waba.org/about/staff.php

eminva
    Participant

@sethpo 81673 wrote:

Who’s the right contact over there for this? We’re making a push for BTWD at the office and were planning on having an informal Q&A hosted by the regular cyclists in early May-ish.

Call WABA and ask for Daniel Hoagland. He is the Education Director. Either he can do it or assign someone else from staff. Thanks.

Liz

Dirt
    Participant

Nelle and Megan are the ones that usually handle them. Dan does them too.

Drewdane
    Participant

@Dirt 81655 wrote:

You could always enlist the services of professionals to do it. WABA does that soft of thing every week. :D

Thanks, but this is a pretty casual thing – I don’t mind taking one for the team. :)
    @FFX_Hinterlands 81658 wrote:

I think I’ve got it covered, thanks. I’ll start by explaining that helmets are for dweebs, then move on to the fine art of body-checking during your pass, then explain that traffic rules are for “other people”, and cap it off with an explanation of the hazards blinky lights and reflective clothes pose to local air traffic. :rolleyes:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.