Garmin systemwide outage (1 Feb.)

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Garmin systemwide outage (1 Feb.)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    arlcxrider
    Participant

If you record on a Garmin device and your morning rides aren’t showing up on the leaderboards, there’s a good reason.

https://connect.garmin.com/status/

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Seems to be fixed now. But in any event, it’s possible to upload the file directly to Strava to get around that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

arlcxrider
    Participant

It was back up around 10:30 and took a couple of hours to clear the backlog. Morning commute is showing up now.

AlanA
    Participant

@cvcalhoun 223579 wrote:

Seems to be fixed now. But in any event, it’s possible to upload the file directly to Strava to get around that.

I manually upload all my rides. I’m not a ‘morning/lunch/afternoon/night’ ride type of person. I like to have fun with my ride titles.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@AlanA 223616 wrote:

I manually upload all my rides. I’m not a ‘morning/lunch/afternoon/night’ ride type of person. I like to have fun with my ride titles.

I let mine sync automatically, but then immediately edit them. For one thing, I feel honor bound to change the ride type to e-bike when applicable. For another, I want a more informative ride title. And then I’m competing for several pointless prizes, so the ride title is often something like “20s #scavhunt #publicartfinder #420 #Bingo #OldGeorge #BAFS2023” and I have to upload several photos.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.