FSLNHPP (Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party) 2024

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition FSLNHPP (Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party) 2024

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Steve O
    Participant

This year’s FSLNHPP ((Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party) will take place on the evening of Monday, March 18 at, well, Hains Point of course.

Working backwards from the end

• Shortly after midnight (12:xx am March 19): Photos of the baddest badasses who stayed to the very end. Depart for home.
    • Midnight: Toast to Freezing Saddles and curse to winter, which is ending
    • 11:55 pm: Last loop ends. Stop your last FS 2024 ride
    • 11:35 pm: Final group of badasses depart for the final lap around the Hains Point loop
    • 11:30 pm: Gather at the point prior to the final lap
    • Before 11:30 pm: Ride around in circles as many or few times as you like

Feel free to come down to Hains Point anytime during the evening of March 18. The badasses who ride until the very end generally arrive after 8 or 9 pm. Some earlier birds come earlier and leave earlier. Keep an eye out for fellow FSers and give them a fist bump if you see them.

The gathering point is the parking area just before the tip of Hains Point. If you have a car, park it there.

You are encouraged to bring celebratory items, like balloons, streamers, etc. Your team can also arrange to do something cool or dorky, like wear costumes or bring signs or something.

Feel free to bring snacks or beverages to share. People tend to gather at the social gathering point at each lap and hang out.

Ask questions or make suggestions in this thread.

DrBullet
    Participant

I plan on being there!  If the weather is decent, I might ride there from work and do a bunch of laps. If it’s raining…I’ll likely just drive in for the final lap or two! 🙂

jrenaut
    Participant

I will toast you all from my bikeshare bike in Madrid. Hope to see you at FSLNHPP 2025!

bikingjenn
    Participant

planned to attend but cannot bc was thinking Tuesday was last night–Jenn W

CBGanimal
    Participant

@jrenaut you will have to get up very early in the morning!!!

drevil
    Participant

Jo and I plan to be there, and I know a few of our teammates from 13 & 14 will be as well. Come on out and spinny spin spin until the midnight bell rings! Pics from previous years:

Cheers,

rickyd

Steve O
    Participant

Quite an excellent turnout for the FSLNHPP – especially given it was on a school night. Evidently 5 members of my team (Bollard Busters – Back off, You Impostors) were there, but I just saw three others.

Thanks to drevil and Jo M for bringing some yummy snacks and their usual joyful nature. Actually, everyone was in a great mood, despite the wind (it was slog on the backside!).

See you next year!!

(Well, hopefully I’ll also see you at the happy hour.

And at Coffee Club and on Midnight Saddles rides and Fan Club rides or the 50 States Ride or the Great Pumpkin Ride. Or at Vigilante or Cafe Amouri or Caboose or out on the trail.)

LhasaCM
    Participant

I think it’s safe to say that there were plenty of Bollard Busters of all varieties at FSLNHPP…including The Real Original Bollard Busters and The Real Authentic Bollard Busters (Accept No Imitations).

arlcxrider
    Participant

It may be time to retire the “bollard busters” trope. It’s getting a little out of hand. laughing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.