Freezing Saddles logo / branding idea

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Freezing Saddles logo / branding idea

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    hozn
    Participant

Hi y’all. I figured I’d start a new thread instead of hijacking the rules discussion.

I’m interested in developing a “logo” for freezing saddles. — Both for the website / Strava app and eventually to be incorporated into jerseys, etc. ;)

I have a concept; my artistic skills are weak, so I’m not sure how effectively I’m going to be able to realize this, but I’m gonna give it a shot. The concept is to use one of the prototypical first-prize saddle+bars “bull with horns” trophies from last year and to develop and image (vector eventually, I imagine) that adds a “frozen” factor.

So basically:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4127[/ATTACH] + [ATTACH=CONFIG]4128[/ATTACH]

This seems fitting. I have to dust off some Photoshop skills and bug my wife to help me with Illustrator, but I think this could work.

I was wondering if any first-place winners could post photos of their trophies to use as the basis for this? I’d rather not use PIcasso’s work since we have such fine variations on this from the folks at Phoenix Bikes.

While I personally like this concept, I would love to hear other ideas — especially if alternative proposals include a commitment to realization of the design :)

Thanks!

KLizotte
    Participant

I think your idea is AWESOME! Unfortunately I don’t have the illustration skills (never advanced much beyond stick figures) to help.

vvill
    Participant

I’ll try to snap a pic or two sometime this week. Mine sort of fell apart but the main design is still clear.

consularrider
    Participant

You should hire Ms. Dickie.

TwoWheelsDC
    Participant

What, my original creation wasn’t good enough!?

8245695055_e9867e1c48_o.jpg

hozn
    Participant

I had missed that on the original thread! That is pretty awesome! :)

consularrider
    Participant

But it’s kinda busy for a jersey logo. ;)

Does Assos do special orders for graphics on their winter jackets, or would that detract from their styling?

hozn
    Participant

Yeah, and it probably steps on some copyright toes — not sure if that would be a big deal or not, but probably best to avoid that question. So, yeah, idea still stands to work on new branding.

Dunno about Assos on winter jackets. I imagine we could find some winter jacket that would support custom branding, though the cost may prohibit people from signing on to that idea. I agree it makes more sense. OTOH, the “marketing” effect for the competition may be greater in summer (when it’s light out) so summer jerseys for a winter competition may not be the worst idea.

eminva
    Participant

@consularrider 70151 wrote:

You should hire Ms. Dickie.

Yes, a thousand times yes. I would kick in part of her fee, assuming it is within our collective means or she would discount for us great people.

Liz

Jason B
    Participant

@consularrider 70173 wrote:

But it’s kinda busy for a jersey logo. ;)

Does Assos do special orders for graphics on their winter jackets, or would that detract from their styling?

There are probably only three on this forum that can fit into anything Assos. I’m thinking Sugio, they’re Canadian, so they can do chubby, which I desperately need.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@Jason B 70228 wrote:

There are probably only three on this forum that can fit into anything Assos. I’m thinking Sugio, they’re Canadian, so they can do chubby, which I desperately need.

Fun fact: Instead of “extra large” Assos uses the term T.I.R. for it’s largest size of clothing. T.I.R. stands for “Transport Internationaux Routiers” and is a designation for large shipping trucks in Europe which was implemented to reduce inspection time at border crossings.

Jason B
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 70253 wrote:

Fun fact: Instead of “extra large” Assos uses the term T.I.R. for it’s largest size of clothing. T.I.R. stands for “Transport Internationaux Routiers” and is a designation for large shipping trucks in Europe which was implemented to reduce inspection time at border crossings.

Which by Assos sizing means about the size of Yugo, still not big enough.

consularrider
    Participant

@Jason B 70267 wrote:

Which by Assos sizing means about the size of Yugo, still not big enough.

At least you don’t have an extra six inches of sleeve. :)

vvill
    Participant

@vvill 70125 wrote:

I’ll try to snap a pic or two sometime this week. Mine sort of fell apart but the main design is still clear.

Better late than never. I keep this stashed away at work – sorry it took me so long.
    [img]http://bikearlingtonforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4223&d=1386286306[/img]

hozn
    Participant

Thanks, vvill!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.