Four Mile Run Wetlands Trail Bridge Installation September16

Our Community Forums Alexandria Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) Four Mile Run Wetlands Trail Bridge Installation September16

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CaseyKane50
    Participant

The bridge to connect the wetlands trail on the Alexandria side of Four Mile Run to the Wayne F. Anderson Trail (aka Four Mile Run Park Trail) will be installed around 2 pm on Monday, September 16. If you are planning to come see the bridge installation, the optimal view will on the Arlington side of Four Mile Run.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20380[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20381[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20382[/ATTACH]

Judd
    Participant

Wow! That bridge got built pretty darn fast. Thanks for posting pictures. I’ve been wanting to sneak a peek, but there were always people working when I’ve ridden by lately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Emm
    Participant

@CaseyKane50 193151 wrote:

The bridge to connect the wetlands trail on the Alexandria side of Four Mile Run to the Wayne F. Anderson Trail (aka Four Mile Run Park Trail) will be installed around 2 pm on Monday, September 16. If you are planning to come see the bridge installation, the optimal view will on the Arlington side of Four Mile Run.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20380[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20381[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20382[/ATTACH]

I cannot wait until the trail is re-opened! The detour is totally safe, and honestly, might even be shorter than staying on the trail, but dear lord the Alexandria Renew pump station that the detour goes next to has been smelling something awful lately. It gives the Arlington water treatment facility that’s across the river a run for it’s money smell-wise.

CaseyKane50
    Participant

And the bridge is in.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20386[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20387[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20388[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20389[/ATTACH]

ChristoB50
    Participant

Woohoo! How long til opening for use?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20391[/ATTACH]

CaseyKane50
    Participant

@ChristoB50 193176 wrote:

Woohoo! How long til opening for use?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20391[/ATTACH]

I was told a few more weeks.

KWL
    Participant

Thanks for the photos. I was scraping paint and missed all the action.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.