Final Week Pointless Prize: Find the Arlington Bike Friendly Community Signs

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Final Week Pointless Prize: Find the Arlington Bike Friendly Community Signs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Henry
    Keymaster

Freezing Saddlers, you may have heard the news, but Arlington was recently award Gold-Level status as a Bicycle Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists.

Now we want to replace all our old signs, and want to make sure we get them all (some may be as old as 2007).

Contest: Post in this thread a photo of a Bicycle Friendly Community Sign from anywhere is Arlington (include the location info). First poster of each location gets one item from our coveted, vintage BikeArlington kit box (Jerseys, bib shorts, etc)(or a pair of CaBi sox). Will give as many prizes as number of signs located.

Must be present at FS Closing HH to get prize. If not present, second poster will get the prize.

Questions?

LhasaCM
    Participant

To confirm – a sign like this, right?  (this is on the east side of Shirlington with the intersection of the 4MR trail)

Steve O
    Participant

Gotta like that the county’s all anxious to replace those signs announcing gold rather than taking care of installing all the signs that actually would help it legitimize its gold rating.

Henry
    Keymaster

Correct, that is the kind of sign we are looking for.

Henry

Nadine
    Participant

Awwww I’m sorry I didn’t see this till tonight @Henry. I would totally have done it. I woulda – or you coulda – posted something to the team thread about it & gotten you more help.

Having said that, and prize aside, how long do you have to get this done? Cuz I could still look for 🚲 friendly signs post FS and…. either post them here or on Strava and tag you – or whatever would work best for you

Henry
    Keymaster

Thanks, Nadine. No set deadline. And I’ll happily honor the offer of One Pair of CaBi socks for each additional BFC sign posted between now and BAFS Closing Happy Hour.

Henry

Nadine
    Participant

Oh cool @Henry! Thanks! I’m guessing the signs should continue to be posted on this thread then?

Henry
    Keymaster

Yes

CaseyKane50
    Participant

Sign along the Custis Trail, just in front of the trail counter in Rosslyn.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.