FABB/WABA Holiday Shopping Ride

Our Community Forums Group Rides FABB/WABA Holiday Shopping Ride

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Dirt
    Participant

9577063045_726ff4edb1_b.jpg
    Holiday shopping by bicycle? That’s just crazy talkā€¦. or is it? The wonderful folks at Fairfax Advocates for Better Bicycling in conjunction with Washington Area Bicyclist Association would like to invite you for a seasonal shopping ride to show you how easy it can be. We’ll start at Vienna Station and ride to Tyson’s Corner for 2 hours of shopping. This is a great place to get lunch while you’re there! From there we’ll head south to the Mosaic District for another hour of gift shopping in their wonderful stores. After that we’ll load up and ride back to Vienna Station. 12.5 miles in all.

“What if I purchase more than I can carry on my bike?” you ask? NO PROBLEM! Pete will be riding his cargo bike with cargo trailer attached to carry anything you’ve purchased that won’t fit on your bike.

You’ll have experienced ride marshals to help guide the ride and someone at each stop that will help lock the bikes and keep an eye on them while you’re shopping.

To make it more fun, Tyson’s Corner Shopping Center and the Freshbikes shop in Mosaic District have chipped in VIP Shopping and Dining discounts and a shopping/gift bag for each rider.

When: Sunday, December 15th at 10:30am
    Where: Vienna Station along the Washington and Old Dominion Trail. Near the intersections of Ayr Hill Ave. NE and Dominion Rd. NE in Vienna, Virginia
    Distance: The ride is 13 miles in all and will include some Multi-Use trail as well as public roads.
    What to bring: A helmet is required for this ride! You’ll need a bike, a bike lock and clothes/shoes that are suitable for riding and shopping. Please have a mobile phone so that you can be contacted to regroup to continue the ride.

Many thanks to the Tyson’s Corner Center and Freshbikes for making this ride possible!

Please RSVP in this thread or on the Facebook Invitation: https://www.facebook.com/events/552706164804144

acc
    Participant

Hey now. Isn’t Santa at Tysons? Oh my. That would make quite a picture…..

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@acc 71477 wrote:

Hey now. Isn’t Santa at Tysons? Oh my. That would make quite a picture…..

He’s a good guy, tell him that Tim Kelley (the tall guy who used to work with him) sent you guys.

acc
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 71478 wrote:

He’s a good guy, tell him that Tim Kelley (the tall guy who used to work with him) sent you guys.

I followed him over from Tysons II about 10 years ago. I have pictures of that specific Santa going back almost 20 years. He is the first Santa that my son didn’t flip out and have a meltdown over sitting in his lap. :-)

acc
    Participant

After a lot of arm twisting, eminva has agreed in principle to sit on Santa’s lap with me in bike kit. It will be so awesome…. I think I’ll go dig out my sparkle tights.

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

^^ELITE^^^ And awesome. And we want pics.

dkel
    Participant

@acc 71697 wrote:

After a lot of arm twisting, eminva has agreed in principle to sit on Santa’s lap with me in bike kit. It will be so awesome…. I think I’ll go dig out my sparkle tights.

There will be pictures on the forum…right???

consularrider
    Participant

@acc 71697 wrote:

And tutu?

acc
    Participant

@consularrider 71766 wrote:

And tutu?

Which color? Pink, white, black, blue, or red?

consularrider
    Participant

@acc 71793 wrote:

Which color? Pink, white, black, blue, or red?

Coordinate with the sparkle tights. Or red with green tights for Christmas?

eminva
    Participant

Oh my, you go into a year end rush at work and look what happens. Well, it’s probably time Santa considered alternate forms of transportation, maybe acc and I can convince him to join Freezing Saddles. Although it starts a few days too late for his most epic ride.

Liz

Dirt
    Participant

[IMG]https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/?ui=2&ik=1d403996bc&view=att&th=142d97b18bcd75a3&attid=0.0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1[/IMG]

acc
    Participant

@eminva 71822 wrote:

Oh my, you go into a year end rush at work and look what happens. Well, it’s probably time Santa considered alternate forms of transportation, maybe acc and I can convince him to join Freezing Saddles. Although it starts a few days too late for his most epic ride.

Liz

Oh LIZ! Isn’t it wonderful that you have your own set of sparkle tights? Gosh, I bet you’re really glad. Oh, and guess what? I have extra tutus. I know you’re happy about that too.

acc
    Participant

German Christmas Market
    In partnership with the German Embassy and the city of Dresden, Tysons Corner Center offers a unique outdoor artisan holiday market in addition to its unbeatable mix of more than 300 stores. Shop for everyone on your list in a traditional German market setting – replete with festive German fare, lively entertainment and a Christmas atmosphere. Explore a winter wonderland of holiday gifts from home and abroad sure to delight!

And there’s beer….

Tim Kelley
    Participant

Any photos from this ride??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.