Editing Strava rides

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jrenaut
    Participant

My phone wouldn’t get a GPS signal at the start of the ride, so I figured I’d just go instead of freezing my fingers off. Turns out it took about 3 miles for the phone to figure it out. I know those three miles aren’t going to be the difference in much of anything, but I’d kind of like to have them count.

First, do the rules allow editing?

And if so, what’s the best way to do it? I could probably hack the GPX file manually, but that’s probably pretty tedious.

Or should I just forget the miles?

Mikey
    Participant

Do what I do, estimate with help from google maps or ride with GPS, then manual entry.

hozn
    Participant

Yeah, just add in the difference as a manual entry. For this competition that works just fine!

consularrider
    Participant

Yep, that’s what I’ve done on the two occasions I had the same issue. Drew the route on Endomondo (or Garmin Connect) and then did a manual entry of the data in Strava. It didn’t count for some of the Strava challenges, but it was fine for Freezing Saddles.

vvill
    Participant

You can also draw it on ridewithgps and log it as a ride for a fuller “record” if you want to remember where you rode.

And then yeah just manually enter the mileage in Strava for BAFS as necessary.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.