Early weather forecast for BTWD

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2017 Early weather forecast for BTWD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

2017: rain
    2018: rain
    2019: cold and rainy
    2020: scattered showers
    2021: monsoon
    2022: typhoon
    2023: I don’t care. I’ve moved to Arizona.

Judd
    Participant

@Brendan von Buckingham 159529 wrote:

2017: rain
    2018: rain
    2019: cold and rainy
    2020: scattered showers
    2021: monsoon
    2022: typhoon
    2023: I don’t care. I’ve moved to Arizona.

IIRC correctly, BTWD last year was very pleasant weather, but there were a couple of days during Bike to Work Week where rain was threatening.

MFC
    Participant

@Judd 159538 wrote:

IIRC correctly, BTWD last year was very pleasant weather, but there were a couple of days during Bike to Work Week where rain was threatening.

Two years ago (?) was the notorious Boat to Work Day. I think it rained heavily for most the week before and the day of, and a few other cities cancelled their events.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@MFC 159543 wrote:

Two years ago (?) was the notorious Boat to Work Day. I think it rained heavily for most the week before and the day of, and a few other cities cancelled their events.

I remember that one. I couldn’t find the Bethesda pit stop (which was supposed to be mine), because the rain had knocked the sign down. The good news was, several intended pit stops had consolidated at Georgetown waterfront, so that one had the best collection of food I’ve seen at any pit stop, ever.

bobco85
    Participant

@MFC 159543 wrote:

3 years ago was Boat to Work Day.

The past few years of BTWD:
    2016: warm and sunny
    2015: warm and sunny
    2014: monsoon
    2013: warm and sunny

Proof from my videos of each year’s BTWD: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIwZLzKYvhjqJt8JNys2pg3KKitk9K-ns

As a semi-professional pessimist I reject your facts and will stick with my scarred and over-compensating memory. Thank you for your support.

Judd
    Participant

@Brendan von Buckingham 159552 wrote:

As a semi-professional pessimist I reject your facts and will stick with my scarred and over-compensating memory. Thank you for your support.

Very true. Facts don’t matter. It’s all about feelings.

dasgeh
    Participant

Wait, today wasn’t bike to work day? ;-)

LeprosyStudyGroup
    Participant

@dasgeh 159585 wrote:

nobody told me!

bentbike33
    Participant

@dasgeh 159585 wrote:

Boat to work day, revisited.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@dasgeh 159585 wrote:

I’ve been biking to work for almost a year now. Why didn’t someone tell me that none of those days were bike to work day?

Vicegrip
    Participant

My little tiny, tough as forged nails, lived through the great depression, wife of a German coal miner, had 6 kids and 3 lived, grandmother always said “I ain’t sugar, I wont melt”

anomad
    Participant

Nothing like that feeling of putting on damp shorts at the end of the day for the ride home!

The only hard part of riding in a steady rain for me, like this morning, is getting out the door. You know you’re going to get soaked. But its fine while you’re riding. I might need to re-grease and adjust my headset though. Silly water.

@bentbike33 159592 wrote:

Boat to work day, revisited.

huskerdont
    Participant

@anomad 159647 wrote:

Nothing like that feeling of putting on damp shorts at the end of the day for the ride home!

Throw a spare pair of shorts (and socks!) in the bag and you’re good to go on the way home. Takes up like no space but pays off nicely in the afternoon.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@huskerdont 159691 wrote:

Throw a spare pair of shorts (and socks!) in the bag and you’re good to go on the way home. Takes up like no space but pays off nicely in the afternoon.

Just remember that if you do this, you also need to throw a plastic bag in there to carry the wet morning clothes on the way home. Otherwise, everything else in your bag gets wet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.