Cyclist down on Rock Creek trail

Our Community Forums Crashes, Close Calls and Incidents Cyclist down on Rock Creek trail

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    secstate
    Participant

A cyclist was being loaded by stretcher into a fire truck around 8:30 this morning. It was on the segment of Rock Creek Trail between Pennsylvania Ave and P Street. This is a narrow part of the trail that has been further narrowed by brush dumped on the edge of the path. This brush was cut some weeks (months?) ago from the slope above the trail and dumped below but not yet removed.

I don’t know what happened and I didn’t stick around.

DCAKen
    Participant

@secstate 197016 wrote:

A cyclist was being loaded by stretcher into a fire truck around 8:30 this morning. It was on the segment of Rock Creek Trail between Pennsylvania Ave and P Street. This is a narrow part of the trail that has been further narrowed by brush dumped on the edge of the path. This brush was cut some weeks (months?) ago from the slope above the trail and dumped below but not yet removed.

I don’t know what happened and I didn’t stick around.

I’ve been sending emails to the Rock Creek Superintendent to request they clear the trail in various spots. Unfortunately, little is ever done. Please add your voice!

rocr_superintendent@nps.gov

secstate
    Participant

@DCAKen 197035 wrote:

I’ve been sending emails to the Rock Creek Superintendent to request they clear the trail in various spots. Unfortunately, little is ever done. Please add your voice!

Crews were out clearing the brush yesterday morning, so hopefully this particular issue is resolved. I hope a rebuild of that stretch of trail is planned, since it is uncomfortably narrow for passing.

DCAKen
    Participant

Finally! I’ve written to the superintendent a few times about this.

I don’t know of any plans to widen this section of the trail, unfortunately. The only current improvement project on the books is for the Rose Park trail and the trail north of P Street. And that has been stalled for over a year now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.