Crash on W&OD in Vienna

Our Community Forums Crashes, Close Calls and Incidents Crash on W&OD in Vienna

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dkel
    Participant

Passed through a scene at the intersection of Church Street and the W&OD in Vienna just before 6:00pm this evening. I didn’t stop because there were several pedestrians attending to the victim, who was sitting up and conversing with them, as well as a few folks on their cell phones. Two cars had stopped in the northbound lane, so I assume that’s where the accident occurred. As I continued through Vienna, I could hear emergency vehicles, which may have been en route to the scene.

Judd
    Participant

@dkel 180499 wrote:

Passed through a scene at the intersection of Church Street and the W&OD in Vienna just before 6:00pm this evening. I didn’t stop because there were several pedestrians attending to the victim, who was sitting up and conversing with them, as well as a few folks on their cell phones. Two cars had stopped in the northbound lane, so I assume that’s where the accident occurred. As I continued through Vienna, I could hear emergency vehicles, which may have been en route to the scene.

Had a flyby with dkel. Got to the crash site just as the fire department was showing up. Cyclist was conscious and sitting on the ground. Appears to have been hit in the crosswalk from the position of the car and where the cyclist was on the ground.

Hope that he’s not permanently injured.

e78733d4dd695ed5031f6624f4414e03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n18
    Participant

I have noticed that the traffic on Church ST is unusually high for the stores around. Following cars, I see they use it to get to/from Lawyers RD, which you can see from the W&OD instersection(Google Maps link). Apparently rolling through stop signs is preferred over Maple Ave even when the traffic is light.

I hope that the cyclists suffered only pride injury, and/or heal quickly.

n18
    Participant

Update below. Victory for cyclist who must have come to a full stop before proceeding :p.

https://www.viennava.gov/Archive.aspx?AMID=38
    (See Aug 31 link, posted below for convenience)

Church Street and W&OD Bike Trail, NE

18-006990
    August 24 6:01 p.m.
    Vehicle-1 was stopped on eastbound Church Street at the bike trail. As Driver-1 proceeded into the intersection, he struck Vehicle-2 (a bicycle) as it was traveling across Church Street on the trail. Driver-1 was issued a summons charging Failure to Pay Full Time and Attention.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.