convoy to Tysons Corner

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gofish0924
    Participant

I see that all the convoys are going into DC. Have there been any convoys in past years that go out to Tysons Corner? I have been meaning to find out if there is a good route to bike to work but not seeing any info going out of the city. I’m not aware of a trail that would connect from W&OD trail to Tysons. Thanks.

TwoWheelsDC
    Participant

@gofish0924 139487 wrote:

I see that all the convoys are going into DC. Have there been any convoys in past years that go out to Tysons Corner? I have been meaning to find out if there is a good route to bike to work but not seeing any info going out of the city. I’m not aware of a trail that would connect from W&OD trail to Tysons. Thanks.

Gallows road is the primary bike connection. It has a bike lane from the W&OD up to just short of Old Courthouse road. Alternately, you can ride up Great Falls to 123 or to Magarity (then over to 7), although those routes are suboptimal unless you’re very comfortable riding with heavy traffic and lots of slip lanes. My plan is to hit the Eastern Market pit stop on my way out toward Tysons, although I’ll be getting off the W&OD at Westmoreland and not riding all the way to Tysons. I’m a little flaky when it comes to routes/timing though, so I don’t plan on riding with any convoys.

FFX_Hinterlands
    Participant

Can you give us an intersection near your home and another near your work? I can work out some routes.

Rockford10
    Participant

There have been convoys in the past going out to Tysons, but I don’t think there is one this year. Others are right, Gallows is a primary connection with a bike lane. I commute to Tysons off the W&OD and don’t like Gallows much but instead turn off the Branch connection, to Echols, to Wolf Trap to Old Courthouse to Gallows/Aline. You can PM me if you’d like to convoy. I’ll hit the Falls Church pit stop that morning and then the Tysons pit stop.

jsonitsac
    Participant

Hope I’m not too late; I just noticed this forum. I’m biking from Ballston to Tyson’s on Friday myself (specifically Gallows and Aline Ave), so I would be interested in a meet up with others doing a reverse commute.

gothicfuzzball
    Participant

@jsonitsac 139879 wrote:

Hope I’m not too late; I just noticed this forum. I’m biking from Ballston to Tyson’s on Friday myself (specifically Gallows and Aline Ave), so I would be interested in a meet up with others doing a reverse commute.

I am also biking from Ballston to Tysons in the morning if you would be interested in meeting. I will probably leave around 6am-6:15am. I plan to take custis to WOD then to gallows to Tysons Corner Center pitstop.

jsonitsac
    Participant

@gothicfuzzball 139955 wrote:

I am also biking from Ballston to Tysons in the morning if you would be interested in meeting. I will probably leave around 6am-6:15am. I plan to take custis to WOD then to gallows to Tysons Corner Center pitstop.

Sorry, but that timing is a bit too early for me. I was thinking of leaving around 7ish.

gothicfuzzball
    Participant

@jsonitsac 139959 wrote:

Sorry, but that timing is a bit too early for me. I was thinking of leaving around 7ish.

If I didn’t have to be at work by 7:30…I would’ve been able to wait :(

Rockford10
    Participant

I’m planning to be a Falls Church at 7:30 and we can meet up and go into Tysons. I’ll be on a grey Salsa Vaya.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.