Congrats to Forum Members Elected to BPAC Office

Our Community Forums Alexandria Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) Congrats to Forum Members Elected to BPAC Office

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Judd
    Participant

The Alexandria Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee held officer elections tonight. Congratulations to several forum members who were elected to leadership positions:

Secretary – Zack
    Treasurer – Erin
    Vice Chair for Bicycling – Josephine

I encourage everyone to attend at least one BPAC meeting whether you live in Alexandria or not. There is almost always an interesting guest speaker (tonight it was Vice-Mayor Elizabeth Bennett-Parker). It’s also a great example of an organization that has built a strong, collaborative relationship with city staff. We’re also a growing organization. In the short time that I’ve been involved we’ve brought on several new members (including me!) and continue to improve the diversity of the organization (in an arena frequently dominated by males, 3/5ths of our officers are now women).

BPAC meets the second Monday of every month from 7-9 at the Bradlee Safeway community room. I hope to see you at a future meeting.

SarahBee
    Participant

@Judd 187290 wrote:

The Alexandria Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee held officer elections tonight. Congratulations to several forum members who were elected to leadership positions:

Secretary – Zack
    Treasurer – Erin
    Vice Chair for Bicycling – Josephine

I encourage everyone to attend at least one BPAC meeting whether you live in Alexandria or not. There is almost always an interesting guest speaker (tonight it was Vice-Mayor Elizabeth Bennett-Parker). It’s also a great example of an organization that has built a strong, collaborative relationship with city staff. We’re also a growing organization. In the short time that I’ve been involved we’ve brought on several new members (including me!) and continue to improve the diversity of the organization (in an arena frequently dominated by males, 3/5ths of our officers are now women).

BPAC meets the second Monday of every month from 7-9 at the Bradlee Safeway community room. I hope to see you at a future meeting.

Congrats! You all deserve it. Way to be amazing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.