Coffee and Hockey – Sunday, Jan 12

Our Community Forums Group Rides Coffee and Hockey – Sunday, Jan 12

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steve O
    Participant

I have never attended a Washington Capitals hockey practice before but have wanted to for some time.

I plan to do so this Sunday and go on a coffee ride first. Anyone is welcome to join me for just the ride, join along the way, join for just the practice, or any combination.

Here’s my plan:

8am – Depart Crystal City Water Park
    c. 8:20 – Ride by Shirlington Dog Park (along S. Arlington Mill Dr. between Campbell and Taylor streets)
    c. 8:40 – Bluemont Junction Caboose
    c. 8:55 to 9:05 – Citizen’s Bridge, Falls Church (this is the W&OD bridge that goes over Rte. 7)
    9:30ish – Arrive Cafe Amouri, 107 Church Street, Vienna, VA

10:30 – Depart Amouri for Kettler Iceplex in Ballston, shooting to arrive at Kettler by 11:15.

11:30 – Capitals practice.

Lunch? (TBD)

If you plan to join along the way, try to arrive early in case we are ahead of schedule. It’s a simple route–just out the W&OD, so it should be easy to join up wherever is convenient for you. Feel free to post on this thread if you plan to join so I can keep an eye out for you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20714[/ATTACH]

ImaCynic
    Participant

Great Idea! Always wanted to see them when they’re not all dolled up. Bee and I will try to catch your train at WOD MM8 ~0900 or will just meet up at Cafe Amouri. Let’s just hope the weather cooperates!

kwarkentien
    Participant

Interesting. We’ll see if I catch the train out to Vienna but the practice is a real possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.