Clever Caption Pointless Prize 2022 – Photo number 1

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Clever Caption Pointless Prize 2022 – Photo number 1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Steve O
    Participant

Hello Fellow Freezers,

So ya think yer funny? Prove it!
    I am once again sponsoring the Clever Caption Pointless Prize, in which photos from Freezing Saddles participants are posted and you, who think you are funny, devise clever and funny captions to go with them.

I will create a separate thread for each photo. I will post a new one at random intervals, every week or two. The end date for submitting a caption will be around the end of Freezing Saddles, depending on the date of the Happy Hour. All photos will remain open for new captions until the end, so if you think of a good one a month from now, submit it.

If you like a caption, hit the button. I may or may not take votes into consideration when judging, but they won’t hurt.

Note that the FS website only captures the first photo from your ride. I may or may not find time to browse through other photos on Strava rides. If you see a photo you think deserves to be considered, please PM or email me and let me know. That said, oftentimes the photo itself does not have to be funny; it just has to have some sort of potential, which is hard to define.

IMPORTANT – Make sure your caption is actually funny–not just to you but to others. Feel free to test it on friends and colleagues first before posting here. If they declare it lame, it’s probably lame. Since the deadline is far off, there is no need to hurry your submissions, and you have time to tweak them to perfection.

For inspiration, here are links to previous year’s finalists:

2019’s finalists

2018’s finalists

Links to the individual photo threads will be added to this thread.

Steve O
    Participant

Here is photo #1.
    There is no need to copy the photo when you submit your caption. In fact, don’t, to keep from cluttering up the thread.
    Reminder – there is no immediate deadline, so take your time to tweak your caption to perfection before submitting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25538[/ATTACH]

CBGanimal
    Participant

And they think I’m going to lead this ride! Ha!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DCAKen
    Participant

Snow tomorrow? You’re joking….

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

SFrank
    Participant

“A Chorus Line” revival, starring road cyclists!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

epilsk
    Participant

Look carefully and tell us if one of these cyclists stole your water bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

epilsk
    Participant

Look carefully and tell us if one of these cyclists stole your water bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Desilynn
    Participant

@Steve O 212353 wrote:

Here is photo #1.
    There is no need to copy the photo when you submit your caption. In fact, don’t, to keep from cluttering up the thread.
    Reminder – there is no immediate deadline, so take your time to tweak your caption to perfection before submitting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25538[/ATTACH]

Cold… No. we are not cold…

DrBullet
    Participant

“He says a white bike works just like a white stick. I’m not convinced….” 😎

Sophie CW
    Participant

Taste the Rainbow: Is that a pack of Skittles in your pocket or are you just happy riding your bike?!

ChristoB50
    Participant

She smiled good-naturedly for the selfie group shot, but inside the voices purred, “one push and down like dominoes…”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.