BTWD events at the office – tips and hints?

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2016 BTWD events at the office – tips and hints?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Drewdane
    Participant

I’m helping put together BTWD stuff at my building, an annex for a federal agency. So far, we’ve got plans to set up a table near the parking garage entrance where cyclists enter, we’re going to hand out maps that our HQ building is going to get from WABA, and we’re talking to a cafe in the building about donating coffee and maybe snacks. We also hope to expand the bike parking in our garage for the day, and see if our basement gym will provide free access to their locker room (and maybe sell a few memberships while they’re at it). I doubt any of us are up to manning a repair station, but we’d could probably at least have a pump, some lube and a supply of patches on hand. We’ll of course be publicizing this ahead of time.

Anything else fun and educational we can do to get people on their bikes and raise awareness in general? Thanks!

consularrider
    Participant

Is the Secretary doing the noon time ride this year?

dasgeh
    Participant

@Drewdane 138577 wrote:

I’m helping put together BTWD stuff at my building, an annex for a federal agency. So far, we’ve got plans to set up a table near the parking garage entrance where cyclists enter, we’re going to hand out maps that our HQ building is going to get from WABA, and we’re talking to a cafe in the building about donating coffee and maybe snacks. We also hope to expand the bike parking in our garage for the day, and see if our basement gym will provide free access to their locker room (and maybe sell a few memberships while they’re at it). I doubt any of us are up to manning a repair station, but we’d could probably at least have a pump, some lube and a supply of patches on hand. We’ll of course be publicizing this ahead of time.

Anything else fun and educational we can do to get people on their bikes and raise awareness in general? Thanks!

My workplace does none of that (though we have free lube and air all the time), but we do a raffle — all week, there’s a box by the pedestrian exit from the bike parking. Every day you bike, you write your name and extension on a piece of paper and drop it in the box (honor system). The next week, they announce winners of water bottles and the like.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.