Btwd 2021

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lordofthemark
    Participant

Anyone have a sense of how it will work? I see something about staggered hours, and a time slot registration – so limits on the number per slot?

I expect to have gotten dose number 2 eleven days before BTWD, so my intent is to actually ride to Canal Park and – drum roll – go to work. It would be first day working back at the office since since March 13, 2020. I do hope to do my usual and go other pit stops on the way.

Looks like Crystal City WILL be doing BTWW. While I am not going into the office before Friday, I might still try to get to CC during the week.

ursus
    Participant

I got an email a while ago and registered. You pick a time slot (I think a half-hour) when you will show up. I am pretty sure they limit how many in each slot.

This is the registration site https://www.biketoworkmetrodc.org/.

dkel
    Participant

Limited stops this year, especially for me heading west from Falls Church City, but I’m grateful the event is on at all. I guess I will actually go in that day, and worse, get up early enough to get there before 8:30! Getting up for work isn’t really a thing for me anymore (every day is Blursday).

Judd
    Participant

Pit stop captains have been instructed to discourage lingering at pit stops and limit swag. No food items are allowed this year. Basically it will be a stop to grab a shirt.

Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail are doing an afternoon stop at Gravelly Point this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChristoB50
    Participant

The APTA location is directly next door to my office building…! Too convenient to say no.
    Except … after a year of pandemic forcing us all to telework, our company has decided to now pilot a “Fridays will be mandatory telework for all employees” program, starting in May, while simultaneously requiring all staff to return to in-office work, 1 day a week (pick Mon-Thur) starting in May. (I’m seriously NOT a fan of telework, personally, and would much rather have all 5 days back in the office!)
    So of course then, BTWD is on a Friday in May when I don’t / can’t actually go to the office!! ;)

david.balick
    Participant

As Judd mentioned, BTWD will be scaled down this year to mostly a free t-shirt pickup, but we all wanted to continue the tradition as many begin returning to the office. Plus, this year is actually the 20th anniversary of BTWD in the DC region.

BikeArlington will have 3 pit stops in Arlington: Rosslyn (morning & afternoon), Ballston (morning), & Columbia Pike Penrose Sq. (morning). There are staggered arrival times with about 30 available slots per each half hour segment so if you want a particular time slot, make sure to register on the sooner side.

Everything will be physically-distant and masks will be required. More info on the BikeArlington pit stops here: https://www.bikearlington.com/bike-to-work-day/

lordofthemark
    Participant

Sigh. I mean I guess I was hoping for something more like this

https://cdn.aarp.net/content/dam/aarp/politics/events-and-history/2020/08/1140-vj-day-times-square-flag.imgcache.rev8a0bd562ac30fea2b5b79db77f7004fc.jpg

but I suppose that was not a realistic hope. I guess I will have to arrange my celebratory return to ‘normal’ somewhat differently.

LhasaCM
    Participant

@lordofthemark 210493 wrote:

Sigh. I mean I guess I was hoping for something more like this

https://cdn.aarp.net/content/dam/aarp/politics/events-and-history/2020/08/1140-vj-day-times-square-flag.imgcache.rev8a0bd562ac30fea2b5b79db77f7004fc.jpg

but I suppose that was not a realistic hope. I guess I will have to arrange my celebratory return to ‘normal’ somewhat differently.

Maybe for the Sweet Ride in June (so BTWD can be the “soft open” before the larger celebratory grand opening event)?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.