Broken Repair Stand

Our Community Forums Road and Trail Conditions Broken Repair Stand

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Starduster
    Participant

Yesterday- the bike repair stand @ W&OD & Columbia Pike. The “unbreakable tire pump” was found broken, with a replacement floor pump chained to it. Schraeder valve only.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30882[/ATTACH]

While I was documenting this, another cyclist came up needing air. He ran Presta. On the one day I didn’t bring my hand pump. I tried to direct him up the hill to Phoenix Bikes, but he demurred.

Who do we report this to again?

mstone
    Participant

@Starduster 226187 wrote:

Yesterday- the bike repair stand @ W&OD & Columbia pike. The “unbreakable tire pump” was found broken, with a replacement floor pump chained to it. Schraeder valve only. While I was documenting this, another cyclist came up needing air. He ran Presta.

I always keep something like this with all of my bikes: https://www.amazon.com/Bike-Bits-Brass-Presta-Adapter/dp/B07DN2MTKQ

Judd
    Participant

Yesterday- the bike repair stand @ W&OD & Columbia pike. The “unbreakable tire pump” was found broken, with a replacement floor pump chained to it. Schraeder valve only.

While I was documenting this, another cyclist came up needing air. He ran Presta. On the one day I didn’t bring my hand pump. I tried to direct him up the hill to Phoenix Bikes, but he demurred.

Yesterday- the bike repair stand @ W&OD & Columbia pike. The “unbreakable tire pump” was found broken, with a replacement floor pump chained to it. Schraeder valve only.

I seem to recall that Arlington built this park so it should be a 311 request.

There are replacement seals for these pumps that are supposed to be replaced yearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arlcxrider
    Participant

I’d say this pump’s issues go beyond “seals.”

Starduster
    Participant

@Judd 226205 wrote:

I seem to recall that Arlington built this park so it should be a 311 request.

There are replacement seals for these pumps that are supposed to be replaced yearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK folks, I reported this to Arlington County on the website.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.