Bridge 23 on Mount Vernon Trail through Dyke Marsh

Our Community Forums Road and Trail Conditions Bridge 23 on Mount Vernon Trail through Dyke Marsh

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rootchopper
    Participant

The replacement of Bridge 23, the long one through Dyke Marsh, is coming along very nicely. It is scheduled for completion in April but I’m betting on March owing to the mild winter weather. As of yesterday, the decking is all but completed. What remains appears to be installation of the fancy side panels and clean up of the work site. The design includes metal posts under the bridge which may be more resistant to high-water events. And will certainly support a trail-sized snow plow. (We can only dream.)

CaseyKane50
    Participant

“The replacement of Bridge 23, the long one through Dyke Marsh, is coming along very nicely. It is scheduled for completion in April but I’m betting on March owing to the mild winter weather. As of yesterday, the decking is all but completed. What remains appears to be installation of the fancy side panels and clean up of the work site. The design includes metal posts under the bridge which may be more resistant to high-water events. And will certainly support a trail-sized snow plow. (We can only dream.)”

Chatted with the project supervisor this morning  he thinks the bridge might be finished by April, but will still have punch list issues that might keep the bridge from opening until May. They just got the last shipment of decking this week. The supervisor estimated that have done 2/3 of the decking.  Finishing up the understructure for the viewing platform. He allowed me to walk out on the bridge. It is quite a substantial structure with thick decking boards.

New bridge looking south

Atop the bridge looking south

View of the missing decking looking north

Decking waiting to be installed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.