BPAC Events !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tiger Moth
    Participant

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7920[/ATTACH]

BPAC Open House & Happy Hour

Come to our first Happy Hour of 2015 this Thursday and learn what we’re doing this year to make bicycling and walking a safe choice for transportation in our city.
    Bring a friend and join us!

When: 5 PM, Thursday 26 Feb
    Where: Joe Theismann’s
    1800 Diagonal Rd., Alexandria, VA 22314

See you there !

Event details ,
    let us know you are coming.

Tiger Moth
    Participant

Volunteers Needed for the National Bicycle and Pedestrian Documentation Project

The Alexandria Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) conducts bicycle and pedestrian counts throughout our city 2 – 3 times per year. These counts are conducted on the same days in many cities and towns across the nation as part of a national effort to demonstrate the need for trails, sidewalks and bike facilities and to inform the planning process of local governments.

BPAC seeks 14 volunteers for Thursday 17 Sep (5-7pm) and Saturday19 Sep (12-2pm) to count local pedestrian and cyclist traffic in 14 locations throughout Alexandria. All you need is a pencil, sunscreen and 2 hrs.

Please review our count locations and reply back to us with your preference. Early responses are more likely to get the location they prefer.

1) Thursday 17 Sep 5-7 PM
    ___ I can count at any location in the City.
    ___ I would prefer to count at location letters ___, ___, or ___.

2) Saturday 19 Sep 12 – 2 PM
    ___ I can count at any location in the City.
    ___ I would prefer to count at location letters ___, ___, or ___.

Please contact randy.cole.n1-at-gmail.com

Tiger Moth
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

We are still in need of many volunteers to help with the Sep 2015 Bicyclist & Pedestrian counting project in Alexandria VA . The counts are conducted 3 times per year and are part of a national effort to capture data to help national, city and regional planning efforts. We have 15 locations within the city where we capture these counts. All you need to bring is 2 hours, a pencil and sunscreen.

We need counters on:

– Thursday 17 Sep 5 PM til 7 pm and (6 open positions)
    – Saturday 19 Sep 12PM – 2 PM (many open positions)

If you can help, please contact me:
    Randy Cole
    Co-Chair Counting Committee
    randy.cole.n1@gmail.com

bobco85
    Participant

@Tiger Moth 123700 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

We are still in need of many volunteers to help with the Sep 2015 Bicyclist & Pedestrian counting project in Alexandria VA . The counts are conducted 3 times per year and are part of a national effort to capture data to help national, city and regional planning efforts. We have 15 locations within the city where we capture these counts. All you need to bring is 2 hours, a pencil and sunscreen.

We need counters on:

– Thursday 17 Sep 5 PM til 7 pm and (6 open positions)
    – Saturday 19 Sep 12PM – 2 PM (many open positions)

If you can help, please contact me:
    Randy Cole
    Co-Chair Counting Committee
    randy.cole.n1@gmail.com

I’m volunteering for the Thursday count (I sent you a PM regarding the e-mail I sent last week), then heading to Shirlington for some forum happy hour fun :)

Tiger Moth
    Participant

@bobco85 123714 wrote:

I’m volunteering for the Thursday count (I sent you a PM regarding the e-mail I sent last week), then heading to Shirlington for some forum happy hour fun :)

Yes. Got you on the list. Thanks for helping..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.