BPAC Bike Mentor Program in the News

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Judd
    Participant
    Steve O
    Participant

Pretty awesome story featuring our friends!

This accompanying stock photo is interesting:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20100[/ATTACH]

He’s riding a brakeless fixie (with a kickstand, interestingly), not exactly what one might recommend for a newbie.
    How is it his foot is not firmly on the pedal? That’s odd, particularly for a fixed gear.
    Is he riding the wrong way on a 1-way street? Seems so. Or at the very least he’s on the wrong side.

DismalScientist
    Participant

And his seat is too low.

AliasXIII
    Participant

The left foot situation is also bugging me.

Emm
    Participant

@Steve O 191051 wrote:

This accompanying stock photo is interesting:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20100[/ATTACH]

He’s riding a brakeless fixie (with a kickstand, interestingly), not exactly what one might recommend for a newbie.

Pretty sure not something a newbie would notice in the photo.

@Steve O 191051 wrote:

How is it his foot is not firmly on the pedal? That’s odd, particularly for a fixed gear.

same as above comment

@Steve O 191051 wrote:

Is he riding the wrong way on a 1-way street? Seems so. Or at the very least he’s on the wrong side.

Anyone who knows Alexandria would recognize that’s the maneuver required when getting off the MVT going Southbound at Royal Street…(crossing over the northbound lane to get into the southbound lane)

Perhaps instead of focusing on a silly stock image, we can say congrats to Komorebi and Conte’s for a getting featured in a nice article, and talk about how great it is BPAC is offering this program…

bentbike33
    Participant

@Emm 191063 wrote:

Perhaps instead of focusing on a silly stock image, we can say congrats to Komorebi and Conte’s for a getting featured in a nice article, and talk about how great it is BPAC is offering this program…

Yes, this. Certainly a contrast to the Post article which mainly reports on the extensive local whining and offers no help with potential solutions.

smb9600
    Participant

Yeah! What a great article!!!! Great job Josephine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judd
    Participant

I’m hearing rumors that Fox 5 might be doing a segment as well!

komorebi
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

True story: immediately after the WTOP article came out, one person requested a bike mentor — and two people volunteered to serve as bike mentors.

I’m amazed every day at the bike community’s generosity of spirit and willingness to help. Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to be a bike mentor, stopped on a trail or road to help a stranger with a mechanical, shared the secret routes that only locals know, loaned or given away bike gear, or done any of the million other things that make this community so special.

Judd
    Participant
    Judd
    Participant

@komorebi 191072 wrote:

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

True story: immediately after the WTOP article came out, one person requested a bike mentor — and two people volunteered to serve as bike mentors.

I’m amazed every day at the bike community’s generosity of spirit and willingness to help. Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to be a bike mentor, stopped on a trail or road to help a stranger with a mechanical, shared the secret routes that only locals know, loaned or given away bike gear, or done any of the million other things that make this community so special.

Hoooray! Josephine has done a fabulous job creating this program and coordinating it and creating some really nice promotional materials. It’s so nice to hear some of the early success stories.

KWL
    Participant

The Metro shutdown wayfinding signs are great.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.