Bicycle Friendly Community Survey for Alexandria

Our Community Forums Alexandria Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) Bicycle Friendly Community Survey for Alexandria

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CaseyKane50
    Participant

The City of Alexandria has applied to the League of American Bicyclists to be recognized as a Bike Friendly Community. To help the City and the League gain a better understanding of local bicyclists’ experiences in our community, we would greatly appreciate community members’ feedback on the current status on bicycling in Alexandria.

Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BFC_app_Spring2018

While there is much to do, Alexandria has made significant strides to improve bicycling, including new bike lanes on King Street, Van Dorn Street, Prince Street and Cameron Street. We have a Vision Zero Action Plan and a Complete Streets Program. BikeShare continues to expand across the city (11 new stations coming this year). And with the help of BPAC, Running Brooke and others, Alexandria City Public Schools provides bicycling safety and skills education in a growing number of elementary schools. A lot has changed in the last few years to make bicycling safer, easier and more enjoyable for all age groups in Alexandria.

Please take a few minutes to take the survey about bicycling in Alexandria. You do not have to be a resident of Alexandria to take the survey. The survey will remain open through Sunday, April 8th. Award results will be announced in May, during National Bike Month.

Judd
    Participant

I took the survey.

Some of the great things about Alexandria’s efforts to be bicycle friendly that I mentioned were:
    1. Adoption of Vision Zero with funding for 3 staff to implement.
    2. City police liaison has a great relationship with the bicycle advocacy group.
    3. Alexandria schools provide bicycle riding classes in school.

I do most of my biking in the Potomac Yard and Old Town parts of Alexandria which are generally nice places to bike.

komorebi
    Participant

@CaseyKane50 176169 wrote:

Please take a few minutes to take the survey about bicycling in Alexandria. You do not have to be a resident of Alexandria to take the survey. The survey will remain open through Sunday, April 8th. Award results will be announced in May, during National Bike Month.

Bump. Please take the survey by Sunday, if you haven’t already. Some of the great things I mentioned were (1) the bikes in schools program, (2) the strong community support for Bike to Work Day, and (3) the extensive and inclusive process for updating the biking and walking chapter of Alexandria’s Transportation Master Plan.

Judd
    Participant

@komorebi 177216 wrote:

Bump. Please take the survey by Sunday, if you haven’t already. Some of the great things I mentioned were (1) the bikes in schools program, (2) the strong community support for Bike to Work Day, and (3) the extensive and inclusive process for updating the biking and walking chapter of Alexandria’s Transportation Master Plan.

Also a reminder that you don’t have to be an Alexandria resident to respond.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.