BAFS Closing Happy Hour 4/10 @ 6:30 PM at City State, NE DC

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition BAFS Closing Happy Hour 4/10 @ 6:30 PM at City State, NE DC

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ceustis
    Participant

Saddleros,

Blazing Freezing Saddles is almost over, and now it’s time to revel and celebrate your accomplishments over the past few months, share some stories, and get back together with your teammates. Today, the Closing HH Crew is proud to announce that we are ready to party yet again.

We are partnering with City-State Brewing for our closing happy hour again in 2024. They have graciously closed their space to the public for the evening so that we will not bother the general public with our Pointless Prizes™ and the awarding of the championship team ‘trophy’.

DATE/TIME: Join us from 6:00-8:30 PM on Wednesday, April 10th at City State Brewing in NEDC. The awards ceremony will begin at approximately 7:00.

RSVP: Please RSVP at this Google Form so we can eyeball a headcount.

GETTING THERE: City-State is located at 705 Edgewood Street NE, above the Metropolitan Branch Trail, and can be accessed by Metro via the Red Line (Rhode Island Avenue). Street Parking is available nearby. Indoor and outdoor seating is available. There is ample bike parking on the Met Branch Trail below the venue, at Bryant Street a half block south, or on the patio. More info

COST: We have a group Drink & Gratuity Minimum*** (in lieu of a cover charge or rental fee for the space), so we need folks to buy beverages, merch, and/or gift cards from City State totaling $20/person and to please tip generously.

WHO IS INVITED: BAFS, Friends of BAFS, family (including your kids) and all your cool bike friends – even if they did not do Freezing Saddles this year!! – are welcome to help celebrate with us (and help meet our minimum spend.)

DRINKS: Beer is really their thing, but non-alcoholic options including a wicked house made lemonade, cold brew, and sparkling drinks are available for consumption. Tap List

FOOD: City State has secured La Michoacana Food Truck to staff the event. The Closing HH Crew encourages you to patronize La Michoacana. Should you have dietary restrictions, there is no restriction on outside food, Mess Hall is one block away and the Bryant Street Market Food Hall is a short walk from the event. Food purchases do not count towards our drink/gratuity minimum for having this space.

VOLUNTEERS: We have a need for a small number of volunteers for setup & teardown, please reply directly to Rumi, Serdar, & I and we’ll get in touch.

***We are accepting volunteers to be a Happy Hour Hero™, who would be willing to purchase a gift card at the end of the event should we need to hit the minimum.We’ve got 3 heroes so far and would like to see up to 10. Please reach out to Rumi and I directly if you can volunteer.

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>The Short Version:</span>

What: It’s a private party to celebrate the end of BAFS

Where: City State Brewing, 705 Edgewood St. NE, Washington, DC

When: April 10th, 6:00 PM-8:30. Awards @ 7:00

Who: You & Fellow BAFSers, cool people you want to invite, and their tennis partners.

Other Things: Food is available onsite from La Michoacana. Buy some beer, tip your servers.

AlanA
    Participant

Yay!  I liked that place last year.
    I’ll be there handing out my prizes (or, will I maybe try to burn the place down so we can all get a good ‘fire’ action shot?)

LhasaCM
    Participant

Fortunately, @AlanA, there are *three* DC fire stations within a mile.  We could make a game of it and wager on which engine gets the call!

AlanA
    Participant

@lhasacm – Hah!  Way to get some brownie points for the tie-breaker.  What a great idea!
    (Apologies to the folks who don’t have any idea what we’re talking about).

bikingjenn
    Participant

plan to attend–Jenn Weiss

rumipumi
    Participant

ceustis
    Participant

Just topping this up in the relative inboxes. RSVP if you can. See you there, if you dare.

Serdar
    Participant

Thanks to everyone who came to the Closing Happy Hour and made it another unforgettable event. I hope you will enjoy the photos in this shared album.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.