Arlington Trail Ice Report

Our Community Forums Road and Trail Conditions Arlington Trail Ice Report

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ScottT
    Participant

As of this morning, Four Mile Run trail has a few patches of minor snow ice between Blumont and Columbia Pike but is then clear to the Potomac. I have studded tires so was fine; probably would have been fine on cyclocross tires. Only one area at the Route 50 underpass would a road bike need to have been real careful or walked.

Mt. Vernon trail is clear except two areas of “wash over” ice between 14th Street Bridge and Memorial Bridge. These were sheet ice, but you could ride around them in the grass — I rode over them with my studded tires ;-)

Custis from Key Bridge to Glebe Road is clear. Only a few small patches of ice that can easily be avoided.

dalessit
    Participant

I ran on the custis trail on Sunday and from where I started on Quincy to where it intersects with W&OD it seemed to be 50/50 either snow and or ice covered to completely dry. Some very sketchy spots.

With the warm (well warmer anyways) weather, hopefully it will clear up soon.

skreaminquadz
    Participant

Great site!

Custis isn’t too bad and W&OD isn’t either. However, I’m riding on studded tires so I dont’ have to worry about it. I’ve taken enough falls on ice that I’d rather move slower but make it safely.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Arlington Trail Ice Report’ is closed to new replies.