Arlington Bicycle Advisory Commitee (Arlington BAC) Information

Our Community Forums Arlington Bicycle Advisory Committee Arlington Bicycle Advisory Commitee (Arlington BAC) Information

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tim Kelley
    Participant

For more information on the Arlington Bicycle Advisory Committee, please visit the BikeArlington Get Involved page.

chris_s
    Participant

Meeting minutes are available on the BAC web page.

DrP
    Participant

@chris_s 150633 wrote:

Thank you. I just looked there and I see where they would likely list and link the minutes, including what looks like expansion arrows, but nothing is there that one can click. I checked on Firefox and Chrome (recent but not absolute latest versions) and found the same thing. So, is it “in process” or is something currently broken?

chris_s
    Participant

@DrP 150640 wrote:

Thank you. I just looked there and I see where they would likely list and link the minutes, including what looks like expansion arrows, but nothing is there that one can click. I checked on Firefox and Chrome (recent but not absolute latest versions) and found the same thing. So, is it “in process” or is something currently broken?

Clicking the expansion arrow makes that year’s worth of minutes appear for me.

sjclaeys
    Participant

@chris_s 150633 wrote:

True, but who knows when new meeting minutes get posted? Since Arlington BAC seems to be the only bicycle advisory committee in the area that cannot spare the time to post on the forum when new minutes are available, the public needs to repeatedly visit the BAC web page to see if any new minutes are posted.

chris_s
    Participant

@sjclaeys 150644 wrote:

True, but who knows when new meeting minutes get posted?

Everyone who has joined the BAC Google Group, which is not limited to BAC members.

So someone who cares passionately about Arlington BAC meeting minutes being posted to the forum could subscribe to the BAC Google Group and then when a set of meeting minutes get finalized, they could post them to the forum. They wouldn’t even have to sit through any boring meetings.

DrP
    Participant

@chris_s 150643 wrote:

Clicking the expansion arrow makes that year’s worth of minutes appear for me.

Hmm, that works for me now, but wasn’t at the time I wrote the message. Really. I did try. I still do not get a change to the cursor when hovering over the arrows. Anyway, I can expand them now.

chris_s
    Participant

@DrP 150653 wrote:

Hmm, that works for me now, but wasn’t at the time I wrote the message. Really. I did try. I still do not get a change to the cursor when hovering over the arrows. Anyway, I can expand them now.

I agree that it’s not terribly intuitive.

sjclaeys
    Participant

@chris_s 150647 wrote:

Everyone who has joined the BAC Google Group, which is not limited to BAC members.

So someone who cares passionately about Arlington BAC meeting minutes being posted to the forum could subscribe to the BAC Google Group and then when a set of meeting minutes get finalized, they could post them to the forum. They wouldn’t even have to sit through any boring meetings.

Also true, but I continue to be amazed about how intransigent Arlington BAC is about easily getting better community participation. In my opinion, I do not think that this reflects well on Arlington BAC. Anyhow, realizing that minds will not be changed, I’ve stopped raising this issue on my own initiative and am just giving positive feedback to those similar committees that do let the forum know when their minutes are available. If that bothers Arlington BAC, well that is Arlington BAC’s problem, not mine.

lordofthemark
    Participant

@sjclaeys 150662 wrote:

Also true, but I continue to be amazed about how intransigent Arlington BAC is about easily getting better community participation. In my opinion, I do not think that this reflects well on Arlington BAC. Anyhow, realizing that minds will not be changed, I’ve stopped raising this issue on my own initiative and am just giving positive feedback to those similar committees that do let the forum know when their minutes are available. If that bothers Arlington BAC, well that is Arlington BAC’s problem, not mine.

Clearly the difference is that BAC is a cyclists’ group, while BPAC does Bicycling and Pedestrian advocacy, and this is, er, cough, a pedestrian issue.

rcannon100
    Participant

Meeting content (minutes, agendas, notices) posted to email discussion groups are not publicly accessible on the web and are generally not findable through searches. Say, for instance, if a WAPO reporter wanted to understand an ABAC position on the IOD. If meeting materials were on the web, they could provide background material of the aBAC.

While the subscriptions to an email group may be permissive, posting content only to an email group continues to be restrictive.

chris_s
    Participant

@rcannon100 150668 wrote:

Meeting content (minutes, agendas, notices) posted to email discussion groups are not publicly accessible on the web and are generally not findable through searches. Say, for instance, if a WAPO reporter wanted to understand an ABAC position on the IOD. If meeting materials were on the web, they could provide background material of the aBAC.

While the subscriptions to an email group may be permissive, posting content only to an email group continues to be restrictive.

The minutes ARE on the BAC website. That’s what re-started this conversation. I suggested subscribing to the group if one wants to be NOTIFIED when new minutes are finalized rather than having to proactively check the website.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

rcannon100
    Participant

So…. wait…. first you wont tell me about the minutes of the ABAC in whatever format the beer-guy wants…. and now you expect me to keep track of a thread for longer than three posts????? That REALLY is asking for too much.

Can we get the minutes delivered by bike courrrier at least?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.