Anyone else trying to ride all six Arlington morning pit stops (plus Falls Church)?

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2016 Anyone else trying to ride all six Arlington morning pit stops (plus Falls Church)?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    consularrider
    Participant

Here’s my planned route. I’ll leave home about 6:15 to get to the Falls Church pit stop when they open at 6:30. This is mostly using shared use trails and bike lanes, but will get out for a distance on Columbia Pike from Joyce St to Penrose Sq and then on to Highland St. After completing the last stop at Ballston, I’m going home via Wilson Blvd to use the Bluemont section’s bike lane.

rcannon100
    Participant

Beeeeeeecause you are short on free water bottles????

baiskeli
    Participant

@consularrider 138755 wrote:

Here’s my planned route. I’ll leave home about 6:15 to get to the Falls Church pit stop when they open at 6:30. This is mostly using shared use trails and bike lanes, but will get out for a distance on Columbia Pike from Joyce St to Penrose Sq and then on to Highland St. After completing the last stop at Ballston, I’m going home via Wilson Blvd to use the Bluemont section’s bike lane.

You’re going to be in town?

There’s a fatal flaw in your plan – the afternoon pit stop at Arlington’s new brewery.

http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?10207-Arlington-Afternoon-Pit-Stop-With-MORE-and-New-District-Brewery!

So you need to drop off all your water bottles, get back on your bike in the afternoon and get over there.

AFHokie
    Participant

@baiskeli 138761 wrote:

There’s a fatal flaw in your plan – the afternoon pit stop at Arlington’s new brewery.

http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?10207-Arlington-Afternoon-Pit-Stop-With-MORE-and-New-District-Brewery!

So you need to drop off all your water bottles, get back on your bike in the afternoon and get over there.

How else is going to drink all that beer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

cephas
    Participant

@baiskeli 138761 wrote:

You could almost put the beer in the water bottles, but that is not recommended due to the decreased pleasure in beer from cheap plastic.

I can’t read the route, but it sounds good. I’m looking to make a record number of stops starting at the Vienna stop. (Challenge launched. Of course, ties are accepted, even if it is casual fri.)

consularrider
    Participant

New route juggling pit stop order ans adding Georgetown, Nat Geo, and Freedom Plaza. Starting at 6:15 at Falls Church/Bikenetic and doubt I hit the DC pit stops before they close, but you never know. Just have to keep moving, not be very sociable, and not pick up swag.

GovernorSilver
    Participant

I normally don’t get up that early (usually roll out of the house around 7:50 AM), but now I’m inspired to plan for a 2 hr. morning commute and try to hit 3 pit stops in Alexandria, plus Crystal City, on the way to my employer-designated pit stop in NOMA.

Tania
    Participant

@consularrider 139940 wrote:

New route juggling pit stop order ans adding Georgetown, Nat Geo, and Freedom Plaza. Starting at 6:15 at Falls Church/Bikenetic and doubt I hit the DC pit stops before they close, but you never know. Just have to keep moving, not be very sociable, and not pick up swag.

Damn. You sound like me (not sociable; swag-indifferent) and this is the perfect BTWD morning plan.

But I’m volunteering at Falls Church so I’ll be there all morning.

lordofthemark
    Participant

I expect to stick with last year’s plan – Shirlington, Crystal City, and then Canal Park.

Oh, and New District on the way home.

GovernorSilver
    Participant

Looking at the route between Del Ray and Crystal City, I see Four Mile Run Park Trail. When we tried to ride that trail last Halloween, we ran into problems because segments of it were closed for construction. What’s the status of this trail now?

https://goo.gl/maps/99vLspUJC832

lordofthemark
    Participant

@GovernorSilver 139946 wrote:

Looking at the route between Del Ray and Crystal City, I see Four Mile Run Park Trail. When we tried to ride that trail last Halloween, we ran into problems because segments of it were closed for construction. What’s the status of this trail now?

https://goo.gl/maps/99vLspUJC832

The project is completed and the trail is open – though the block of Commonwealth leading to the trail is in as bad a condition as ever.

consularrider
    Participant

So far it has all been open when I’ve been riding it the past three weeks. Besides, I didn’t intend to on that side of the run, must have been “software” error.

consularrider
    Participant

Managed 10 pit stops (11 if you include the NPS at Roosevelt Island). Falls Church, all Arlington, Georgetown, Nat Geo and Freedom Plaza. Saw several forum members on my rounds.

cephas
    Participant

@consularrider 139988 wrote:

Managed 10 pit stops (11 if you include the NPS at Roosevelt Island). Falls Church, all Arlington, Georgetown, Nat Geo and Freedom Plaza. Saw several forum members on my rounds.

Do we have a records?? 10 is impressive. I have no idea, until I start to count…. Vienna, (Conte/WFC), Little Falls, EFC, Ballston, Columbia Pike, Crystal City, Freedom Plaza. So, seven (1) official stops. I passed Farragut square, but it was already done, and I figured NatGeo probably was too.

Best coffee: Vienna
    Best music: Ballston
    Best cheer: Little Falls (yeah, that was me with the drama entry)
    Best mechanic: Conte (ok, ok. i only needed 1 mechanic)
    Best swag: Crystal City: bike jersey(!!)
    Honorable mention swag: EFC: u-lock
    Best food: Conte: cronut (<--new discovery!!)
    Best shirt collection: Steve O (Ballston)
    Location most needing bike infrastructure: Col.Pike
    Most grateful for: every volunteer who made this possible!
    Best beer: ?? let’s find out!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.