30-40 mile rides out near Gaithersburg and Rockville?

Our Community Forums Where to ride? 30-40 mile rides out near Gaithersburg and Rockville?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Smitty2k1
    Participant

Friday morning I’m going to be out near Gaithersburg and Rockville and will have a half day or so of time to kill. Any good pavement or gravel/dirt rides out there? I’ll have my gravel bike, which has 650b x 47 tires (or 700c x 32 if I’m doing pavement) so nothing too hardcore.

I’m usually in the city and not familiar with the area. I’ll have my car so I can pretty much start wherever.

Smitty

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Steve O
    Participant

@Smitty2k1 210763 wrote:

Friday morning I’m going to be out near Gaithersburg and Rockville and will have a half day or so of time to kill. Any good pavement or gravel/dirt rides out there? I’ll have my gravel bike, which has 650b x 47 tires (or 700c x 32 if I’m doing pavement) so nothing too hardcore.

I’m usually in the city and not familiar with the area. I’ll have my car so I can pretty much start wherever.

Smitty

Well, I’ve always been curious about the piecemeal Intercounty Connector trail that was mostly eliminated from the ICC when it was built, because of all the environmental damage it was going to cause. Perhaps you can ride the various sections and report back? he selfishly asked.

https://washcycle.typepad.com/home/2006/08/what_happened_t.html

Brett L.
    Participant
    drevil
    Participant

Here’s the Derwood loop I like to do on my gravel bike. https://www.strava.com/routes/2827935239510541870

It’s a mix of road, gravel and singletrack. I’m not sure of your tech skill, but there are a few singletrack sections that aren’t any more difficult than what I remember of Fort Dupont. There are also obstacles on the course that you can bypass, but why? ;)

Smitty2k1
    Participant

Thanks everyone turns out I’m going to be stuck at home with a sick baby instead of out riding on my day off. But them’s the breaks.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

dopana
    Participant

There are several scenic routes for 30-40 mile rides near Gaithersburg and Rockville, perfect for cycling enthusiasts. Explore the Seneca Creek State Park Trail or the C&O Canal Towpath, offering beautiful views and varied terrain. To enhance your digital presence, consider leveraging global SEO services to increase online visibility and attract a wider audience to your cycling endeavors.

dopana
    Participant

There are several scenic routes for 30-40 mile rides near Gaithersburg and Rockville. One option is the Linensrange Trail, which offers beautiful views and a well-maintained path for cyclists. Another choice is the C&O Canal Towpath, providing a mix of paved and unpaved surfaces along the Potomac River. Additionally, the Rock Creek Trail offers a pleasant ride through Rock Creek Park with varying difficulty levels.
    Regards: global seo services

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.