2016 International Winter Bike to Work Day – Friday, February 12

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2016 2016 International Winter Bike to Work Day – Friday, February 12

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    consularrider
    Participant

Is there anything planned International Winter Bike to Work Day in the DC area? There are 20 Kyiv area and 39 DC area riders pledged so far. Cross posting in Freezing Saddles.

KWL
    Participant

@consularrider 134219 wrote:

Is there anything planned International Winter Bike to Work Day in the DC area? There are 20 Kyiv area and 39 DC area riders pledged so far. Cross posting in Freezing Saddles.

I could tell my boss it is International Winter Bike to Work Day and show up at the Swings FCC for the first time ever.

consularrider
    Participant

Hriyemosya with friends in friends! wink emoticon
    Specifically to their winter day “bike to work”, Druzi Cafe dogs coffee or tea parties our zavtrashnʹoyi shares on the maidan! Everyone who is due February 12 on a breakfast meeting ‪#winterbiketoworkday hears word-password, by what can be tomorrow’s to 12:00 get a free drink. Druzi Cafe & bar are on going to. Prorizniy 3/5, completely beside maydanom.
    Druzi, thanks for the bike-friendly even in winter!
    #‎Bike2workkyiv‬
    Translated from Ukrainian

We’re up to 46 pledging in the Kyiv area.

And just in time for the event it is snowing, just as we had just about gotten rid of our snow and ice piles. Wait that wasn’t in the forecast last night!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10935[/ATTACH]

Tania
    Participant

I tried to pledge but the questions annoyed me, the site was slow and then at the end the inspirational message was required so I clicked off the page. Don’t make me work to sign up for stuff.

AFHokie
    Participant

@Tania 134817 wrote:

I tried to pledge but the questions annoyed me, the site was slow and then at the end the inspirational message was required so I clicked off the page. Don’t make me work to sign up for stuff.

I found the questions excessive as far as the type of information they wanted.

huskerdont
    Participant

I singed up largely because I did last year. But at the end I was annoyed that I was supposed to say something inspirational for kids. If I wanted to be inspirational to kids, I’d have kids myself instead of just yelling at them to get off my lawn.

vern
    Participant

I gave up after about the 4th question. Afterall, I had better things to do such as aimlessly wander around this forum.

consularrider
    Participant

Is everybody channeling Dismal, Steve O and Cannon today?

rcannon100
    Participant

@consularrider 134865 wrote:

Is everybody channeling Dismal, Steve O and Cannon today?

[IMG]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/powerlisting/images/5/53/What-are-you-talking-about.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131130214609[/IMG]

DSalovesh
    Participant

HTFU, I think the kids say.

I haven’t seen any DC pit / count locations as there have been for previous years.

consularrider
    Participant

Some photos and report from the KLA website.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10940[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10941[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10942[/ATTACH]

I only went to the Embassy for lunch, did not ride to the Maidan, but wish I had taken my Pugsley down there.

Tania
    Participant

I slept in. Overall International Bike To Work Day fail for me.

huskerdont
    Participant

The Rosslyn counter was low today (9 around 6:30). Winter may have put a damper on Winter Ride to Work Day.

Tania
    Participant

If you ever hear a crazy lady yelling “HUSKERDONT! HUSKERDONT!” at 6:30 am, it’s me. We pass through there at almost the same time but I never see anyone! (Once DST starts though I’ll be heading in later)

huskerdont
    Participant

@Tania 134914 wrote:

If you ever hear a crazy lady yelling “HUSKERDONT! HUSKERDONT!” at 6:30 am, it’s me. We pass through there at almost the same time but I never see anyone! (Once DST starts though I’ll be heading in later)

And I saw that you go through the White House pedestrian area about the same time as I do as well. We must have quite similar routes, except that your ride is a good bit longer than mine. I’ll say hi sometime (or perhaps at Monster Cross–I’ll be the newb on the blue Bianchi Volpe whimpering half-way through the second lap.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.